TV, Internet and more

I have been an expat in the Caribbean for more than 10 years, and I am quite used to American TV, Internet speed and quality, etc.  I will most likely relocate to Kuwait in December or January and have a few questions.

Do you recommend to get cable TV or is satellite TV advisable, especially if I want a great deal that includes movie package, sports package, etc.? What is the best provider in Kuwait? What would be the monthly subscription rate for an all inclusive package?

Is there high speed Internet available? Is unlimited download offered and if yes, what will it cost on a monthly basis?

What is the best cell phone provider, and are the networks 3G or 4G? What are the monthly rates for cell phones, not prepaid?

I understand that there are plenty of supermarkets around, but will they offer typical Western food selection? Of course I understand that alcohol and pork may not be available.

I will most likely stay in the Al Eqaila or Al Fintas area, can anyone recommend a good gym and good movie theaters in those areas? Do movie theaters show movies in English?

Any input is highly appreciated.

hello Mr. Jones, hopefully you'll find the answers you seek here:

Do you recommend to get cable TV or is satellite TV advisable, especially if I want a great deal that includes movie package, sports package, etc.? What is the best provider in Kuwait? What would be the monthly subscription rate for an all inclusive package?

check out www.osn.com for packages and prices

Is there high speed Internet available? Is unlimited download offered and if yes, what will it cost on a monthly basis?

depends on the speed you go with, and you can tie it with your cellphone provider if you get a plan along with a usb modem.

What is the best cell phone provider, and are the networks 3G or 4G? What are the monthly rates for cell phones, not prepaid?

www.zain.comwww.wataniya.comwww.viva.com

I understand that there are plenty of supermarkets around, but will they offer typical Western food selection? Of course I understand that alcohol and pork may not be available.

correction: WILL not be available, not might not. and unless Westerners eat different food than the rest of the world, like baby seal and whale, you will find your diet catered to.

I will most likely stay in the Al Eqaila or Al Fintas area, can anyone recommend a good gym and good movie theaters in those areas? Do movie theaters show movies in English?

www.kncc.com for movies

gyms have been discussed in previous threads, please look them up :)

I have little to add to what legacy has already said, but few things that may help you. I am in Fintas, and you can get anywhere by car in about 30 minutes.
Movies are shown in English, but they like to snip out the smoochy stuff. :) Actually a plus if you are into action movies, but something to keep in mind.