Mobile Phones in Bahrain

Hi,

Am planning to move to Bahrain next month. I want to buy a Samsung smart phone, but my dilemma is should I buy it in India itself or in Bahrain. Where will it work out cheap. Also would any of the smartphone companies have tie-up with cellular operators where we can buy both handset and mobile connection together. Friends on the forum, please help.

Regards
Ramso

There is not much price difference so you can buy it Either in India or here , however in Bahrain you can get better post paid packages which comes out with a fixed bundle ( calls, internet,sms)along with a device , with these you can pay a monthly amount for the bundle and after your contract period device is yours. few plans are really worth. however one thing to be noted is that from these numbers international calls are really costly , so you may have to keep another prepaid number to call back home.

As akhil004 said, there is not much of a difference in price. You are probably better off buying a phone where you would normally use it. You will have the benefit of a warranty. This is what I would do.

And if you do go for the device and services package, then the device is almost free once you finish the contract period. And also akhil's advice about another prepaid number to call home is also important. I too have a second number which I use to call home.

akhil004 wrote:

There is not much price difference so you can buy it Either in India or here , however in Bahrain you can get better post paid packages which comes out with a fixed bundle ....so you may have to keep another prepaid number to call back home.

Hi Akhil,

Thanks for your advice. Will buy it once am in Bahrain.

Regards
Ramesh

Farhaz wrote:

As akhil004 said, there is not much of a difference in price. You are probably better off buying a phone where you would normally use it. You will have the benefit of a warranty. This is what I would do..... also important. I too have a second number which I use to call home.

Hi Farhaz,

Thanks for your inputs as well.

Regards
Ramesh

Hello, I am planning to get a postpaid plan in Bahrain with just an unlimited data in the package plus a smartphone (probably an iphone5). Wondering how much will that cost monthly?

Thanks for the help!

There are three different telecom companies in Bahrain. Each one has their own packages, with monthly charges starting at BD5 per month (for a very basic plan) upwards.You should be able to find a plan that will suit your requirements and budget.

I just got myself an iPhone 5S from VIVA. I paid 99BD + 20BD for first month's bill in advance. It has unlimited internet and unlimited VIVA to VIVA calls. Details can be seen on VIVA iPhone 5S Plans page.

Does anyone know if the iPhone 5c is available without a plan? If so, how much does it cost?

I've seen the 5C on sale at Carrefour without a plan, but haven't asked for the price.

Hello Can anyone help me with the list of mobile stores in bahrain

Batelco, Zain, Viva. In virtually every Mall in Bahrain

Thank you Sir for your information. I am actually looking for mobile & tablet resellers, distributors, retailers in bahrain.

No Problem (umm, I'm not a sir lol)

You get phones from all of the above, plus Geant, Carrefour (very reasonable and good warranty) or any of the mobile shops which are again located in every Mall in Bahrain. Go to Bahrain City Centre Mall first and head for Carrefour, get prices, and then get their map and have a shop around for comparisons.

You will find the phone you want virtually anywhere but check their customer service and warranty.

i want to know if a foreigner is permitted to do legal online business such as google adsense in bahrain

Online business is such a wide topic. But purely on the basis of Google AdSense, yes you can do that. I don't know if Google pays to an account in Bahrain though. Check it with Google. They should do theoretically.

thanks. But will the foreigner not be questioned when he goes to the bank in bahrain to clear the check. does this program  legal in bahrain?. i heard that some houses are with camera that will be monitoring people if they know that one is doing google adsense will that not lead to jail or forfeit the appointment and leaving in bahrain thereby sending the person back to his country

Where did you hear such an incorrect information?! Houses with cameras? Seriously someone is playing you a trick.

I really can't think of any reason why Google AdSense could potentially be illegal in Bahrain. In fact, Google's own website says they issue local currency cheques to Bahrain. If it was illegal, then they wouldn't have issued it.

However, what kind of online business are you planning to do? If you are planning to sell products which are illegal in this country, then it's a different matter.