Visit Costa Rica

Presently residing in Oregon, USA. I plan to visit Costa Rica to lean more about the country, culture and people.

Hi allabok2,

Welcome to expat-blog!

Your topic has been moved to the Costa Rica forum for better visibility an interaction.

I suggest you to go through some topic on the Costa Rica forum, this might help you find out some more information about life in Costa Rica. ;)

Regards,

David.

The best is, to travel around. But don't limit yourself only to Guanacaste area, that's where the travel agencies send the US tourists. I prefer by far the South Pacific zone where I live. More natural and unspoiled. From Domincal further South till Cocovado National Parc.

I appreciate the info. Thank you.

I heartily agree with Jeannine.  We came down in 2010 and toured the country on our own, meeting up with various contacts as we traveled.  With so many micro climates it changes things up so quickly.  A 30 minute drive can be a whole new experience.  We settled on a spot just outside of Santiago de Puriscal.  That is where we are going to hang our hats in 2014.  Best of luck on your trip!
Cheers .... Terry

I do appreciate everybody for sharing your experiences.
All your suggestions are going to help me.
Thank you.

allabok2
If you have not been to Costa Rica yet, I suggest reading
"Living Abroad in Costa Rica" by Erin Van Rheenen. I think it pays a decent picture of what you can expect. Of course, as everybody else noted, the best thing you can do is come and do some exploring.

Best of Luck

Rafael Valverde

Hi, I was wondering if you guys have your Residency finalized yet? I bet you are counting the days on your permanent move, I hope it goes well. In Oct. we will be checking out our possible retirement location and starting to get a little excited about it.

Hi Rafael,

I appreciate your suggestion. You're right though about going there to see Costa Rica myself. I plan to visit before the year is over.