Process of buying an apartment/house in Essaouira

Hi, I hope somebody in this forum could possibly offer advice or shares experiences of buying accommodation in Morocco:

I'm planning to move to Morocco before the end of 2013 and will be living with my in-laws for a few months but would eventually like to buy my own place. My mum will be staying in the UK but is interested in possibly buying a property jointly with me. Like each of us pay 50% for example.

Do anyone on here have any first hand experience of buying accommodation in Morocco? We are particularly keen on buying one in Essaouira, nothing flashy just a modest apartment or house with 2 or 3 bedrooms.

How long does the buying process take and how stressful/complicated is it? We would buy it outright so there would be no mortgage/rent etc. We just don't know where to start and I don't want to mention the idea to my husband just yet (complicated reasons, can't explain on the forum).

You'd better be careful. Some houses don't have property titles. Try to find a notary (adoul) that can speak English. Most of them speak Arabic and French. I know someone in the area of Essaouira if you are interested PM me.

https://www.gov.uk/living-in-morocco#bu … in-morocco

@ sunflowers1980 -> Hello. Your message is now on the Essaouira Forum. Thanks. Karen :)

Hi Polyglot22,

Please post an advert in the Houses for sale in Essaouira section, this might help. :)

Thank you,

David.