Agents in HCM for a 5 year visa exemption certificate (VEC)

Does anyone have any suggestions for an agent in Ho Chi Minh to handle my application for a 5 Year Visa Exemption Certificate.

I'm aware of the regulations, the documents required and I was told by the Vietnamese embassy in Washington DC that the government fee is USD $70. Unfortunately, since I'm in Vietnam I need an agent.

I've been quoted a fee of USD $200 by expat.vn for a 5 Year Visa Exemption Certificate and was wondering if someone else might do it for less.

Does 200$ cover everything such as translation, notarization....? If yes that price is pretty reasonable. Lots of agents charge a lot more.

In southern California, a VEC is $100, with proof (a copy of Birth Certificate or Marriage Certificate), and $120, without.  The travel agents provide the photographs.  And it takes 5 business days.

In Vietnam, if you know the right people, I can see it being less.  However, being a foreigner, I think it will cost you just as much to get to know those kind of people.

Personally, I would pay for the contact.  In Vietnam, people in the know are valuable assets.

Hi, please let me know more details of your case, perhaps I will charge you cheaper than USD200.

0908606098 Louis

Who can educate me on the VEC. I am recently married and this will be my first go at it. My current buisness visa expires on May 28th. My wife's house book is out of HCMC, but we live in DaLat. Can I get the VEC in DL or must I return to the city of pollution? Do I just go to immigrations and apply for it? I read talk of using an agent, where do I find such an agent and what might the cost be.
After I get the VEC how often must I get it stamped and at what cost. I thought I read somewhere where I will no longer have to do border runs,  but can just pay some fee and have it renewed.
Any help would be appreciated.

My wife went to get mine at immigration here in HCM.  I had had no luck and got nothing accomplished,  she had no problem and I only paid USD$10. Most of the agents I spoke with here wanted over $100. Don't know if it can be obtained outside of HCM and Hanoi. If it can't an agent may make sense since no one has to appear in person.

I already have the VEC and have been here  just over 2 months. I was planning to exit Vn and come back in but things came up now I'd rather just get an agent to do it so I don't have to leave and come back in.
Does anyone know an agent they can recommend?
Thanx in advance

edit* in tra vinh atm but will be in Saigon in about 2 weeks

cth wrote:

I already have the VEC and have been here  just over 2 months. I was planning to exit Vn and come back in but things came up now I'd rather just get an agent to do it so I don't have to leave and come back in.
Does anyone know an agent they can recommend?
Thanx in advance

edit* in tra vinh atm but will be in Saigon in about 2 weeks

As long as you are registered with the police where you live and your spouse or one of her family members are here the process is simple. Here is what you do.

1. Go to the immigration and get the visa extension form.
2. Fill out the form then take it to the ward police where you are registered. They will either just stamp it then or have you come back the next day to pick it up. Make sure you bring your passport and your registeration paperwork if you have it. It will make it easier.
3. Take the form, your passport, a copy of your passport information page, VEC, and last entry into Vietnam page, along with a copy of your marriage certificate to immigrations and drop it off. They will give you a receipt and have you come back in a few days to pick up your passport with your extension in it. The fee is 210,000 VND.

This is the form that Parymd is referring to:

"Declaration granting, supplement or amendment of visas, temporary residence extension - Form (Form) N5"

Thank you both Parmyd and Budman, greatly appreciate it.
Cheers guys

Hi Ray,
Very good info on the 5 year Visa. Can you please revert with the address of the office your wife went to in HCMC.

Thanking you in advance,
Geoff Brand.

Geoff1 wrote:

Hi Ray,
Very good info on the 5 year Visa. Can you please revert with the address of the office your wife went to in HCMC.

Thanking you in advance,
Geoff Brand.

I'm pretty sure it was 254 Nguyen Trai Street, District 1.  I know it was Nguyen Trai in District 1 but I'm not absolutely certain of the number.

Thanks Ray, Appreciated. That's the address we managed to find on the internet and now that you have confirmed we shall visit there on Monday morning.
May I ask how long it took to process ?
Cheers,
Geoff.

Geoff1 wrote:

Thanks Ray, Appreciated. That's the address we managed to find on the internet and now that you have confirmed we shall visit there on Monday morning.
May I ask how long it took to process ?
Cheers,
Geoff.

I think it was one week.