Importing a dog to SR

Hello everybody and more specially this person :)

Could you please inform me about the possibility to bring a dog to SR?

If possible, what are the procedures, documents etc.?
Is there a quarantine? If yes, how long and at which price?

Thanks a lot
Arlette

where will u be brining the dog from,i brought my do from thailand i a taxi no papers or anything,just cross the border easy as that.

I am upping my last year's post as our move to Siem Reap seems to become a reality in a couple of months.
We'll be coming from Jakarta.

Hello,

I brought my dog from India to Phnom Penh.

You will need to get an export permit from the country you flying + transit permit from Thailand anima quarantine office (in case if you flying through Thailand).
As for Cambodia – nobody cares. They didn't ask me for a single document. You just get your dog with your other luggage and walk out.

Hi ...I read your post.  I am trying to find a taxi to bring my dog from Thailand to Siem Reap via car.....who can I hire for a reasonable rate? Thanks!

Elaine (Ileina) P.

Fee Acer,

I'm looking to bring my dog in from the US. As far as I can tell, you'll need vaccine records and a bill of health from your vet. Your airline will have certain requirements which you can read about on their website or just give them a phone call. Certain airlines do enforce breed restrictions which would make transporting your pet a bit more difficult, especially if your pet is of a  "snub-nosed" breed i.e pug, boston terrier, boxer, or shih tzu or any mix thereof. Again, best to check with your airline. Cambodia does not impose any kind of quarantine. From what I've been able to gather Australia, New Zealand, the UK, and Hawaii are really the only places that enforce that, which makes sense because they are islands. Hope this helps!