New members introduction.

hello there.my wife jane and myself came to bulgaria on a 30 day holiday sept/oct 2002 to have a look at varna and were lodging at a place by the free university in alen mak which is 4 km from golden sands.after only 3 days here i said to jane that this was the place for me and she was shocked that i could make my mind up so quickly.the beautiful area and most hospitible people and i soppose very close to the beach were good signs.looking at many properties in that month led us to find the one that we decided to buy near the end of our holiday.while we were back in blackburn in the uk while our bulgarian solicitor was getting all the relevent paperwork ready we decided to set off back to varna with our car on 6th feb 2003 arriving on 8th and moved into our bulgarian home on the 27th feb 2003.i am a builder by trade and instead of working for anyone here i decided to put all my time into improving our home in feb we will have been in the villa for 11 years and the many changes that have accured in bulgaria,finding a good english speaking doctor,many new supermarkets in the varna region.a good reliable garage for our cars annual m.o.t. eddie and jane

Hi eddie and jane,

Welcome to expat-blog!

Thank you for your introduction, please feel free to participate on the Varna forum, this might be helpful, by sharing your experiences, and if you need any help.

Thank you,

David.

Hi Eddie & Jane.
Are you glad you made the switch?
Any regrets?

hi varnarama,sorry for the delay in answering your messege but problems with the computer thats now hopefully sorted.no regrets at all about moving to bulgaria for it was great to get out of rat race for being a builder i was travelling all over the UK in my job and self employed .the main thing we miss is our families but its the best move we ever made. cheers eddie.

Good for you.
I'm sure if more people knew of the beauty, cost of living, climate etc of Bulgaria., they would sell-up and retire several years earlier, like yourselves.:)

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

hi gill.avren is about twenty odd km from alen mak and my wife and i have been there a few times. the last was about two years ago for an auction of household stuff with two of our friends originally from portsmouth.my wife jane is from blackburn,so not far from bolton.our last home before we came here in 2003 was in darwen and the football club i formed played teams from around the bolton area in the bolton boys fed years ago.we live here permanently and only travel back on special occasions.hope that its a mild winter here this time.anyway please keep in touch and you might be able to pop over for a brew the next time you are over.all for now,eddie and jane.

Welcome   :cheers:

hi gill,big problems with microsoft since jan, but ok now they cut me off because of security codes and 30 days turned into 90 days so had to go to a guy in varna and he put me on microsofe 7 office which meant that i could recieve e mails but could not reply or send new ones,very fraustrating to say the least.if you are doing any repairs to your roof at avern then i have some good ladders here that you can borrow.the offers there at no charge.cleaning the pool out now so things are looking a bit better with us going into the warmer weather but raining most of the afternoon.dont know what you are doing about transport if you drive but 2 sisters who stayed at our place a few years ago when they attended the university in alen mak are in england working now and they came for 2 weeks in feb and hired a nice car online from varna airport at 10 pounds a day which was great for them.all for now eddie and jane.