Looking for an apartment URGENTLY PLEASE!

Hi, I don't know if anyone can help me but I am desperately looking for a 2 or 3 bedroomed apartment , with an elevator and balcony in a nice, safe area of Cairo. It does not have to be an expat area but nice and safe. I can afford to pay around 2000L.E per month does anyone know of anywhere or someone I could contact please?

Thank you for any help you can give me.

With that amount of money it surely won't be in any kind of expat area.

But also for something half decent with the size you are looking for, and balconies etc. I think you will be extremely lucky to get anything.

You only have to look at the realtors websites to realise that you will need more money - unless you really want to live in what even my Husband (who y the way is EGyptian) calls a 'public area'.
And I really don't think you would be confortable in areas such as these - very very crowded - smelly dirty - you cold throw something into the living room of the flat opposite (even if you have a poor aim).

ALso I would have thought the size you are probobaly looking for would go for more money.

you're price range is way too low for a safe place in cairo. you need to look into the 5th district, El Rehab or Madinaty which the price range is 4000 LE per month to as high as 10000 LE per month. Maadi is also very safe but also very expensive. you might want to get a roommate.

do you accept to stay with a room-mate? or it must be something special??

No I don't want a room mate, the apartment is for me and my husband and his mom.

I have looked on web sites and I have seen lots of flats for 2500L.E a month so I think I will go for one of those. I just wondered if anyone on this forum knew of any recommended areas where we could try.

When my husband starts working it will be easier.

Thank you for replying

You can find apartments for less than that - but you probobaly wouldn't want to live in those areas maybe not.
I know I wouldn't!  The sheer amount of humanity in these areas is too much for me - also the hygiene leaves alot to be desired.

I thought (if I remember correctly ) that your husband is Egyptian.

SUrely he ot his family can help you with the areas to live

Generally speaking in Egypt everything is catered to the rich from  kids activities to cleanliness to clothing to absolutely everything.

Expats usually pay more than 2,500 for rent. However like you mentioned there is places available for that price in good neighborhoods. You just have to be diligent and not look like a tourist. Everything here has an Egyptian price and an expat price from apartments to azhar park and the museum. If you're a tourist you'll pay 50 Gina's for the Tahrir museum but if your Egyptian you pay 1, or 2 Gina's for the same thing.  You need to know the prices and know how to negotiate. I think expats or t least me are shy and not comfortable with negotiating, Egyptians are exactly opposite, they'll straight up cold and will tell you anything outrageous and not feel ashamed about it. If you don't know the prices and you're not stern you'll be a push over and pay 5,000 for a place that you can get for thousands less. Of course there are places that are five thousand and will never go down because the owner refuses to in his mind loose any money and drop the price.

Ive lived in many places and if you include my friends in that we've lived everywhere in Cairo and Alex. Some of my friends paid a lot of money for their flats and others a lot less. I can tell you from experience you can find good prices in maadi, alrehab, nasr city, Tahrir, 6 October and every where. Of course except for Zamalek I don't think youll find anything there for a good price.

You can check aqarmap.com

U can search sites like dubizzle, in property-for-rent category.

It's not that hard, and if u need any help in translating the ads, I'll be happy to help u.

and here some examples of safe areas in Cairo

Naser City
El Maadi
El Rehab city
Zamalek
Moqatam
El tagmoa El khams(the fifth gathering) :P

Here an ex:

Details
Posted on07 September 2013
Neighbourhood Nasr City, Cairo
Bedrooms3 bedrooms
Bathrooms2
Area160.0 m²
PriceEGP 3,000

Description

it's the 2nd floor of a Villa (160 m²)
3 bedrooms + 3 living rooms + 2 bathrooms

Phone number:
01116876134 - 01141880295 - 01270707803
01068606788 - home phone: 26711249
-------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------

and here another one:

Details
Posted on07 September 2013
Neighbourhood Moqatam, Cairo
Bedrooms3 bedrooms
Bathrooms2
Area 160.0 m²
PriceEGP 3,000

Description
160.0 m²
3 bed rooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 living rooms
Air Conditioners.
Phone: 01008044734

------------------------------
I'm not a middleman or know anything about this 2 ads
I'm just trying to help

Good Luck

That's great - but all the places you have mentioned it will ot be easy to find at the budget given - they are the more expensive areas of the city - and also unless you have a car to get anywhere will be a pain.

Hello Biffy,

Did u see the 2 ads on the previous post ?
it's in the same budget (first one in the fifth gathering and the other one on Moqatam)
And as u said having a car in Cairo is a must :)

PS, when found a good place try to find Egyptian Friend of yours to make the call :D

Good Luck

I have lived in Moqattem and couldn't find anything with good finish and of good level for less than 4500 LE per month unfurnished.

And Just because something is below the budget (which 3,000 isn't by the way) doesn't mean it something you would want to live in - and I wouldn't reccommend renting anything until you have seen it.

The ladies Husband is EGyptian - so he should know where the areas are that are affordable but clean and tidy (personally I think the 2 are a little mutually exclusive) - also he should know how to deal with the locals as it were.

I personally think that before decamping from the UK he comes first and finds somewhere, and you will have the chance to clean / furnish it.
Also maybe find work then you have an income.

Oh, I thought that they're already in Cairo:)

I'm with u in this point that they should come here first.
And if her husband from Egypt
So, Come to Egypt - stay in hotel or take an apartment for a couple of days
Then u can have ur time in finding suitable apartment.

Btw, u can rent apartments by days in (Nasr City) I always rent there from 2 days up to a week, it's easy go there and ask any house guard if he knows any one renting apartment there.

Thank you for your replies, we are in Cairo now and we have an apartment but its not in the area we want to stay. We also have a car.

I posted on this website in the hope that maybe someone knew of a place we could try and I thank the people who have come with positive answers.

I know there are places we can afford to rent and, in fact we have seen one nice apartment, but as I said I was just hoping someone may know of somewhere or someone we could try.

Hi mydream and welcome to Egypt :)

I just make some research for u and I find a good apartment for 2000 EGP, in Nasr City.

Details
Posted on 08 September 2013
Neighbourhood Nasr City, Cairo
Bedrooms2 bedrooms
Bathrooms1
Area  125.0 m²
PriceEGP 2,000

Description

Address:Nasr City, Ahmed ElZomor street, 1st floor.

Phone : 01017104509

•--•••••••-----•••••----••

I think it's a very good price for 125m² apartment & in Nasr City.

Good luck

Thank you Yousef I will go look at it

Kind Regards

Linda

call this number 0111 20 50 195
he is broker and honest

Thank you Matta Messi I will give him a call.

By 2500L.E you can find a nice 2 or 3 bed rooms flat in Rehab city in new Cairo, it is a closed compound with security and all services included inside it, and if you want to go outside rehab, you can ride the private Rehab bus or taxi, in case if you do not have car.

distance from Rehab to Cairo Downtown: 45 to 50 mins in traffic and 20 min if roads are not traffic.
Rehab to Cairo festival city: 10 min.
Rehab to Nasr City (City Stars mall): 20 min

I already living there and i satisfied.

if you need help you can contact me in inbox.