VISITING RAJASTHAN

Hello all,
My boyfriend and I are planning a holiday in India in mid-July.
We would like to visit Rajasthan... from looking up things online, we are thinking jaisalmer, Bikaner, and maybe Bundi... But thats always easy when you don't know anything about a country! We wanted to avoid tour operators, but maybe that's a mistake... anyway, we would arrive in Delhi on July 15th, and spend one night at the joytimahal hotel, then leave the next morning to rajasthan. Could anyone help us plan our trip? we have no idea about flights, car rentals, trains... what is the best way to get to jaisalmer from New Delhi (we wanted to spend 3 nights at the  FIFU hotel including one overnight camelback safari), and what can we do next? Is it possible to take a train from Jaisalmer to Bikaner? Also, Bundi seems out of our path, so is there anything else we can do? We only have 11 days...
Thanks so much in advance for your help!!

In rajasthan, u should see Jaipur, Jodhpur, Mount Abu, Bikaner, Jaisalmer, Pushkar, you can travel by train, its well connected...even there are buses 24/7 in rajasthan..u can go any city anytime...enjoy ur travel...

hey there!
Tour to Rajasthan sounds fun. Would recommend Jaipur, Ajmer and Pushkar.
Try contacting RTDC (Rajasthan Tourism Development Corporation) representatives for further info: rtdc.in

The other thing you gotta bear in mind is that July is often marked by scorching heat, as monsoon usually kicks in August.

Hope the above info helps.

cheers
Naveen

@ Kozemama,

There are some parts/places in Rajasthan which has to be explored by private car in order to avoid too much of inconvenience in 11 Days trip.

Car can be booked locally from here with the help of some tour operators. Standard vehicle are Tata Indica which can be availed @ Rs. 1400 - 1500 per day, where as Tata Indigo which is more spacious and comfortable vehicle and can be availed @ Rs. 1600 - 1800 per day.

When talking about the hotels you have to choose them according to your budget, so please let us have the idea of your budget according to which we can also advise you the best hotels.

In my opinion you routing comes out as indicated below:

Day 01: arrive Delhi
Day 02: drive Delhi - Mandawa
Day 03: drive Mandawa - Bikaner
Day 04: drive Bikaner - Jaisalmer
Day 05: in Jaisalmer
Day 06: drive Jaisalmer - Jodhpur
Day 07: drive Jodhpur - Udaipur en route visiting Ranakpur
Day 08: drive Udaipur - Bundi via Chittorgarh
Day 09: drive Bundi - Jaipur
Day 10: in Jaipur
Day 11: drive Jaipur - Delhi and board flight for onward destination.

If you are also considering visiting to agra, then you shall reduce the night you are staying in Bundi or add and extra night at the end of the tour.

Look forward to receive you comments and observations,

very best, Nitin

I think you should definitely spend some time in Udaipur, it's quieter and beautiful.
But yes - rajasthan will be SCORCHING hot at the time you are going. I think it will really effect how much you can do in the day, unless you're in air conditioning. Would you consider somewhere in the north/mountains where the heat wouldn't be such a problem?

Oh yes we sould consider anything we can do in 10 days from New Delhi...
Although we might have to change plans, I hear all embassies have issued warnings telling tourists not to go to Delhi, there would be terrorists attacks... What do you all think?? :/
And if you do think it's safe, what part should we rather go to??