Turkish Embassy Spring Festival and Charity Bazaar

It will be on Thursday (April 22th, 2010) in Turkish Embassy, DQ / Riyadh..

May be it be good opportunity to gather for list attendees..

What time is this festival/charity bazaar please?

Sorry for the missing info.. It will be between 11:00 to 17:00 hrs.

-Folk Dances
-Activities for Children
-Regional Dishes
-Handcrafts and Souvenirs
-Charity Raffle

are the main headlines..

now.. THIS is the opportunity we've been waiting for!

We can all meet--in person--no cheesy avatars lol--at this function.  Maybe the members of this blog wear something
(a rose behind our ears? ha!) so we can recognize each other (although the eagles will all know each other after this weekend's get-together).

Last bazaar I was to at the DQ was on a lovely day, and some of us (male and female colleagues) sat in the shade, eating shawermas and drinking coke, telling stories, laughing, and had a great time.

COUNT ME IN!!!

Sounds like fun - Count me in too! 

Hey, Im in favor of the guys wearing the roses!!!  :lol::lol::lol:

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!  :lol::lol::lol:

Big mess on my shoulder... to find enough (REAL) rose in Riyadh.. Pink or Red ?? how many we are !!

:)

Everybody is welcome? Can I come too. Is it in the DQ?

The bazaar I went to in the DQ, you just went--no list.  "Open to the Public," as they say in the States.

Hey aticus, do we need to register or something??

Another Event...

ARE TEACHERS HUMAN?
AIS-R High School Theatre Productions presents a comedy, written by James Reach and published by Samuel French.

Come join us on April 20th and 21st
from 7:00 - 10:00 PM
at the American International School of Riyadh, Larkin Theatre

Tickets are 30SR each and can be purchased by emailing Mrs. Nidal Al-Moumen :
[email protected]
966-1-491-4270 ext. 231

I'll check the arrangement for entrance and let you know by sunday..

Have a great party and weekend..

expatmama wrote:

Everybody is welcome? Can I come too. Is it in the DQ?

Sure, everybody.. I' ll inform on Sunday for the entrance details etc.

Especially this party will be open to your kids.. So no hesitation to bring them with you..

Whats a good time for the Eagles, hens and Roosters to meet?

This rooster sure will come if he knows how to get there without getting lost

if he knows how to get there without getting lost

Use google earth.  You can easily find the DQ.  If you can't, send me your email and I'll grab the map and send it to you.

Eagles, hens and Roosters

Okay, let's figure this out.  I know the women in this forum are the eagles (GIRL POWER! lol) and I am assuming you consider the men to be Roosters (although 'dumb clucks' is sometimes more appropriate :P) ...

but WHO are the 'hens' ?!?!?

The 'roses' thing started out as a joke, but 'flower identification' isn't a bad idea. 

How about a prize for the person who has the flower in the most unusual place? :lol:

The hens are actually the Eagles who grew up, Thanks to the Roosters....

I repeat:  dumb clucks!

alliecat - i have a gps - just need location of the two intersecting roads or address - thanks

heres the location, ray

http://wikimapia.org/#lat=24.6913001&lo … &search=dq

Ok, got it, Turkish Embassy, 11 - 1700, Thurs 22nd April. Wear a flower. See you there, if I don't get lost. cluck, cluck.

Dave

jilindave, i like yr Sinatra line, Stranger...
not suer abt the flowers though....?

aw come on, musicman!!  just wear the stinkin' flower! :)  Put it in your lapel (but if you do that, you surely won't win the prize for most unusual location haha).

I will be there - have to work half a day - and still have to look for a flower to wear
thanks for the direction musicman

Alliecat wrote:

aw come on, musicman!!  just wear the stinkin' flower! :)  Put it in your lapel (but if you do that, you surely won't win the prize for most unusual location haha).

but thats already taken by nonz....

hehe :shy

Does any one knows if you need a pass or some sort of invitation card to get in to this gathering?

Nope, you dont need anything. It seems to be a public event. Just try and find yr way to the Turkish Embasy within the DQ

Have we decided on a specific time/location yet?  I would recommend that we arrive at noon or 1pm.  That could be wildly early for some of the locals :P, but im just throwing out a time.  On the other hand, I have know idea about where to meet.  Anyone have any thoughts on this?  Looking forward to seeing all the roses! :D:D

I repeat:  dumb clucks!

Agreed!  LOL

can this duck bring a friend?

i think its an open event Ray, u can bring in as many as u please

I might not be able to find a rose on this compound. There are plenty of pansies and petunias here. I might have to bring one of them.
LOL

I would recommend that we arrive at noon or 1pm

I'd be very surprised if any locals were there.  But you're right about the timing.  We know that nonz is off in the afternoons so how about figuring on being there between noon and 3? 

Anybody can come earlier or stay later but that's just a ballpark for the time when most of us will be there.

Other suggestions?

Thursday is grocery day for the family and the morning is usually taken over by the hens who are on the road until 2 pm. I usually spend time at home relaxing during this weekend saga since Id rather leave the "walking the supermarket aisles from end to end" chore to them, since I can do without that boring exercise.

The only time Ive ever worn a flower on myself is on the day I wed my wife 36 years ago when someone stuck an orchid on my lapel. Anything else to do with "flowers" was only experienced by the music and lifestyle of the 70s when hipies, free love, and "flower power" was it. Am not sure I can get myself to wear a flower at this stage of my life? I can still look ouit for the rest of the "flower power" folks and identify them using common sense, at the DQ.

Sorry, couldnt make it to the Turkish event as we had a death in the family back home in Colombo, my brother in law, just 36 years old, died in his sleep after having been taken ill last Friday

:(:(:( They refused to let me go after first half,I 'm so pissed off and now my Terror Boss is joining back on this saturday :(

Musicman, please accept my deepest condolences for your loss.
Wish we could met, we were really waiting for you...

Meanwhile, I had to left party early due accident at my project..

As John Lennon said; Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..