Best place in Malta for work?

Hello there

Just wondering what part of Malta is best for moving to in regards to work?

At present I am thinking about moving to Silemma at the end of November but I am curious is to whether or not there is a lot of work in that area.

Any information is good information to me

Malta's tiny so it doesn't really matter where you're based once you get the hang of the public transport system. Still, it's always good to be somewhere central like Msida, Gzira, Ta Xbiex, Swatar etc. Good luck!

In my opinion, try to find out where you are going to work first than you will decide on which area is more suitable to you.
Malta's tiny has lambada mentioned but if you have a job in the center of Malta and you live in Northern or southern of Malta, I can assure you that you'll be wasting a lot of time on the public transports.
Just an example, I was living in Mellieha, north of Malta and my wife got a job in Attard, central area and for her to be able to start work at 6:45, she had to wake up at about 4am.

Best of luck!

raezor1987 wrote:

Hello there

Just wondering what part of Malta is best for moving to in regards to work?

At present I am thinking about moving to Silemma at the end of November but I am curious is to whether or not there is a lot of work in that area.

Any information is good information to me

Hey James!

on another thread a stalwart of the board gave this advice:

toonarmy9752 wrote:

Both HSBC and Northway Brokers (a Wonga type company) are always advertising for fresh meat.... but many fail to make the grade. if successful the money is good as is the accompanied social circle/life. and they only deal with British customers so the language isnt an issue.

6months money behind you is the ideal - some have done it on less but theyve been very lucky. If you are prepared to work hard, long hours, low wages, chop and change jobs regularly then you could do it.... be lucky - and good luck to you

I think that it is good advice and would add to this that if you are as good as you say you are then securing a position with either of these companies would be a doddle..........ergo, find accommodation within easy commute of these two companies and if it doesn't work out you can always move.

You are young............go for it.

HSBC call centre based in Swattar - and Northway Brokers based in Sliema Centre.... both have good salary packages, good holiday - overtime BUPA and NB has subsidised parking