HI! Introduction..

Hello!  I've been reading here, but had not registered... until now.  My husband and I are considering a move to Jordan.  After he graduates, he'd going back to go job hunting and if he finds a job, we'll move there.  So this could be next summer, next fall, or never... just depending. 

It will be us and our two cats.  Where we go depends on which university he would get a job at.  So that's not settled, or particularly important at the moment.

I have really liked reading through the sections and seeing what people moved and didn't move, are looking for, and have found. 

We're in the stage of looking at shipping or just carrying things, and it looks more and more like we'll be suitcasing it-- grad assistants don't quite make shipping level money in addition to all the money we'll be spending on the job search. 

I will post more specific topics in the subforums, but I just wanted to say hello and start the process of posting!

Ahlan wa Sahlan and welcome on board to this site.

I post some answers on your questions already so I hope it is useful to you.

Thanks!  And yes-- having some people with experience in looking for what you may be looking for-- that's great!

Hi and good luck. If there is anything I can help with,I will be glad to.
Take care

I hope will find  useful information here

Hi there, hope you are all well. You mentioned moving to Jordan, where do you live now? And where do you come from? Good luck to your husband in his studies.

I too am new here. I am a Jordanian female who lived and studied abroad, after which I returned to my homeland. I studies economics....what a subject for such hard economical times! I wasn't able to find a job so I go out for long walks when the weather permits. I even got a pet: a cute tortoise, that I often take out for 'walks' in the sun. I enjoy reading and love sports.

Will be glad to meet you once you settle down here.

Take care, and once again GOOD LUCK to your husband in his studies.

P.S. If you need any help, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Hi everyone,

@bettydana, note that this is an old thread from 2013, you may not get any response from the initiator. However, thank you for your kind words of encouragement and sharing your experience. :)

You may start a new thread on the Jordan forum if you have questions or react to more recent threads.

Best of luck,
Bhavna  ;)