Moving to Rome

Hey!
I'm moving to Rome next week and would love to make new friends there, both English and Italian speaking.
Would love to hear from anyone also living there!! I'm also currently looking for a room in a shared apartment if anyone has any suggestions?
Jade :)

Hi Jade
I have just moved to Rome today..! I am an English teacher seeking new contacts and info here, so when you're here and you fancy meeting up sometime, send me a message. I am staying in a BnB for the month of September but will be searching for a room in shared accomm from October. Also, I noticed from your profile you enjoy yoga...so do I but I am finding it hard to find an English yoga class - my Italian is not up to scratch yet. If you hear of anything, please let me know. I do not have the funds just yet to join a gym..! Anyway, I digress....let me know your progress with the flat search and any other info you need just let me know! I'm not sure if you have joined any expats communities apart from this one, but check out expatslivinginrome.com. They have a facebook page and do meetups every week, I am going probably in the next few weeks, it looks like it could be fun and useful. Ciao for now! Rowena.

Hi Rowena!
It's so nice to hear from you :) so we are both english teachers!! Have you done any teaching? I'm working in Tuscany at the moment on a summer camp for children, it's really fun, challenging and tiring too, but I'm learning a lot! Where will you be based in Rome? I'm working about 15 mins walk from the city centre in San Giovanni. I'm excited to find a yoga class, if not we can always do our own classes in the park or at home! Great that you love it too!! How long do you plan to stay in Rome? It's such a beautiful city, I love it :)
It would be great to catch up when I arrive! I will touch base with you as soon as I know when il be there. Thanks for getting in touch :) it makes the move feel much easier and more exciting to know someone before you arrive!
Ciao!
Jade

Hi Jade

I have only done 1to1 tutoring back in London, so I have had no teaching experience at all otherwise! However, I had an interview today at a school called A&A language centre, it went ok, she's offered me a day's observation on Monday and if I like the look of it, i'll do a month's trial....they specifically do 1to1 tutorials or groups of 2/3 max. I have got a whole list of schools to approach in the meantime though, so I'm keeping my options open.

Yeah San Giovanni is a nice area,which school is it? I am based in Garbatella at the moment, about 3 stops from Colosseum, on the B line. Yes isn't Rome beautiful? Do you have accommodation yet? Anyway it would be great to catch up - I don't know anyone here at all except for a few acquaintances so I am in the same boat. Scary and exciting at the same time! My email is [email protected] and my number is 324 6033912. Looking forward to catching up soon! Rowena.

Sounds good. I really like working with small groups, easier to manage, especially with children :) I'm working at The British School, the director is also British and so lovely and accommodating. For me it's important to have a friendly boss :) I haven't secured anything yet in terms of accommodation but a lady offered me a flat through this website actually, it's in San Giovanni and sounds great for the price! I'm hoping I can see it next week. What bnb are you staying in? I was looking for one also to stay while I look for something more permanent. I haven't found any vacancies yet though. I would like access to a kitchen so I don't have to buy food everyday.
Thanks for your contact dets. Il text you my number to make sure I got yours right!
Speak soon :)
Jade

Yeah for sure you need a nice boss, the DOS at this school is Italian, I would prefer an English/American DOS who has been there, done that, if you know what I mean. Anyway we shall see..

I am staying at a place through airbnb.com...really good website - but he only has one extra room - and yes I picked it because I could use the kitchen. The host is really nice and makes you feel you are his roommate as opposed to a guest. I will be looking for a more perm place from October though, if I get a job..

Cool send me a text so we can keep in touch - when do you arrive?