Finding a Job? Is it really difficult?

Hi,

Apologies for starting a new thread. I have been going through a lot of topics regarding finding a job in KL/ Malaysia.

First things first, and again apologies for asking this, is it really difficult to find a job in KL? I mean with proper skill set and experience?

I am an Indian, currently working in Dubai with an Electronics Multi National Company. So if I am planning to try my hand at finding a job in KL, what should be ideal? Is speaking Malay mandatory? I cannot speak Arabic, but had no difficulties getting a job in Dubai.

I am thinking to apply on job sites, and hope that some company can hook me with a telephonic interview. If things look good, may be will visit during my annual leave.

Any suggestions?

Hi there is no comparison. In Dubai no locals work they hire foreigners to done everything except eat for them and if they could they would lol.

Malaysians are hard working and only want foreigners with skills and expertise in short supply. And as the economy develops they need less foreigners. So far less jobs. And supply has massively increased as western economies down the toilet. So many vagabond near homeless westerners around looking for jobs here. Flatmate just went to a networking event and noticed loads.

If you are any good you network to get a job. If you are not that good stay in Dubai as work easy! My flatmate got a job quickly and she is Asian expat but she is dynamic get and go type. Job sites are a waste of time as for low level local only jobs mostly.

Hi Nemodot.

Thanks for the reply. So job site wont help.
I am good in Dubai, but was planning to look for options as I am bored of desert heat, and little bit of tropic wont be that bad.

Will try and visit KL for few days when I get my annual leave to check if I am any good.

Any other suggestions welcome.

Cheers. :)

Hai shahaz

Ping me once ..your skype id am in IT field i will let u know how to get a job in kl what kind of job you are looking lets we discuss detail in Skype shahaz

thank you

regards

kumar

Its only through networking jobs can be found. If you get an offer of direct assistance, check it out.  But also watch out for job scams and don't pay any money to get a job.  If you are asked for money it is a scam.

Thanks for the reply JayaKumar and Gravitas.

My SKype ID is Shahaz58.

Could you guys PM me you email ID, would forward my CV if you don't mind.

Thanks..