Moving and working in Kuala Lumpur

Hi,
I'm Krisztina from Hungary and I'd like to move to Kuala Lumpur because of living and working there. I'm looking for jobs by internet, but I'm not sure that this is the best way to find one. I would appriciate if somebody could give me an advice about what to do.
My English is not so perfect, I think it's just "comparative". Is that penalty for me? Is there any opportunities to learn the language there in a school for foreigners? Can you give me some school name maybe?
I'd like to live in a flat or an apartman there - to tell the truth I do not exactly know what is the difference:)- near to the downtown, but not in the middle of the town. Could you offer me any area?
Thanks for helping me in advance:)

Krisztina

Hi Krisztina,

Welcome to Expat-Blog :)

In which sector are you looking for work please ?

You should post an advert in the Housing in Kuala Lumpur section please as it might help :)

Best wishes

Thank you

Maximilien

Hi All,

I am an IT manager planing to move to KL next month, I need to know if it is easier to find a job after arriving to KL or should I use the internet before I arrive?

Thank you,

you can try myteacherlanguages.com

HI miss kriztina,how are you?are you here already in KL?In which area did you stay? you know in mont kiara so many expat there.welcome to kl malaysia..have a good night sleep...takecare
God bless you and family..

best regards.

Hi Krisztina, the best way to find a job here is through the employment portals. i've found 5 of my 6 jobs from them :P

over here, languages (other than english and malay of cos) are very highly sought after. its very easy to find a job if you are fluent in korean and japanese. nowadays european languages (german italian french etx) are in the rise too due to companies looking east to establish their centre of excellence/shared service centre, whatever they call it :D

[off topic]

You should be aware that foreigners have to be 27 years old (23 for IT jobs) to qualify for a work pass in Malaysia.  They also need to be well educated with diplomas or a university degree and 2-3 years experience. A sponsor company is required and the minimum salary that can be offered is RM5k per month.  As salaries are not generally more than about RM3.5k for a university leaver, it narrows the availability of positions where an employment pass might be provided.