What are the Bahrain Monthly expenses for family of two?

HI,

I have been offered 900BHD for Bharain.

There is no other facilities by company that means I have to spend & look for accommodation ,  food, car , transport.

I am a family of two. Can any tell me what will be the average expenses for 2 bed room apartment , food exp. , transport.

Regards,
Satish

Its average salary Satish , there are multiple threads on this forum which will help you to understand the monthly expanses , still i will give you little brief  , which may help you.
The most of the money you spend in Bahrain is on your housing , housing cost depends on area and size . a furnished 2 BHK start from 300 and 1BHK may cost 250.  household items for 2 may be 200 BD per month(for avg life style) , rest is you shopping , mobile(around 10-15 BD) , transportation(taxis are costly , a car rental per month may start from 100 +) and saving.

This should give you some idea.

Hi Satish,

Welcome to Expat-Blog :)

@akhil004 - Thank you for your contribution :)

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Dear Akhil,

Thanks for your kind reply. It has really given some idea.
I still have some more questions I will really appreciate if you able to reply:

1. Will you please let know how about deposit for house?
2. What the tentative price for second hand used car?
3. As you mentioned 200 BD for house hold for two does it means   
   only food expense?
4. What will be the extra cost (apart from food) for two to 
   maintain average life style.
5. I may stay in Manama so can I get 2 BHK around 250 BD.

How long you have been in Bahrain & how is your experience about it?

Regards,

Satish Sharma

Hi Satish. Welcome to Bahrain and the forum.

Our friend akhil004 has summarized things well. Please also take a look at this link: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=294881

Its a recent discussion on the same subject.

Responses to your specific questions:
1) Landlords usually expect the first 3 months rent in advance. You pay from the 4th month thereafter. "Deposits" like we are used to in our part of the world don't exist in Bahrain.
2) Car prices vary based on a number of factors - model, make, year of manufacture, general condition, etc. plan on getting the driving license first. Its a costly and lengthy process. You can plan for the car thereafter.
3) and 4) i would think your monthly cost on food and living expenses would be less than BD200 for the two of you. You could perhaps manage your telephone/internet and TV/cable costs within this too.
5) You should be able to get an unfurnished 2 bedroom flat for about BD250 in my view.

Let us know if you have any more questions.

Dear Farhaz,

Thanks for your elaborated reply.

As I am planning to shift just for my financial planning

Do have any Idea what will be the cost for Driving Licences
& any good 2008 model or near by second hand SMALL car.

And in Manama 1 BHK`s are available

Regards,

Satish

satishsharma wrote:

Dear Farhaz,

Thanks for your elaborated reply.

As I am planning to shift just for my financial planning

Do have any Idea what will be the cost for Driving Licences
& any good 2008 model or near by second hand SMALL car.

And in Manama 1 BHK`s are available

Regards,

Satish

Hi Satish ,

Farhaz has replied your most of the queries , while answering initially i presumed that you already have driving license , if not , believe me its really a big deal to get DL here !!! , it will take min 6 month for you to get DL here in Bahrain , that too if you are lucky enough , and can cost you min 200 BD , you can easily get good condition small car in 1500+ BD , after getting your DL . Manama is good area to stay , lot of Indian expats are living here and in Manama you will have option to choose 1 BHK from 150BHD - 300 BHD , Old Manama is really cheap , lots you will see old bldgs ,street shops and restaurants there however being old not everyone like to stay there.

One more suggestion: When deciding where to live, also take into account where your office is located. It would be convenient if you lived closer to your work pace, especially in the first year. Will be easier to commute and your wife will also be at ease if you are nearby. Once you sort out your license and car, you could move to a different place. This is not a hard and fast suggestion - eg., if your office is in an industrial area, then my suggestion is not practical and indeed useless :)

hai satish.....
what do u do in bahrain....(I mean what job)

Hello Satish and welcome to the forum.

Please have a look at our Bahrain guide for expats. I'm sure it will answer many (if not all) your questions.