Flamenco dance

anyone teaching flamenco dance in HCMC ?

I love to learn also..  But lazy...I know one place they teach very good. You can take a look here : lasalsa.vn ...But they teach salsa....

Yuli

Hello dinh ngo.

You may have a look at the Dance classes in Ho Chi Minh City section or even post an advert there.

Thanks.

Karen :)

Hi, I am from Spain, I would love to teach sevillanas in HCMC, I have a place I could use in Phu My Hung but I would need at least a group of 8, email me for futher info, [email protected]

Seems for anything Spanish, the Spanish Cultural Attache at the Embassy or Consulate (HCM?) would be a good place to start. Even if they didn't have one now, it might give them ideas for future cultural events. Good flamenco is hard to find outside of Spain.

Saludos Lidia. En mi juventud salvaje tuve la suerte de andar por algunos senderos espanoles. Algun dia, hare el peregrinaje a Santiago de Compostela. Sueno hacerlo con mi hijo (cuyo segundo apellido es Torrens) y nieto. Buenas suerte con tu baile con sevillanas.

Saigon belly dance, they open latin dance class... The teacher is from Venezuela, she teach flamenco also..^^

I've learned a little bit in my home town and I'd love to learn if from you if you're going to hold class. I'm living in Phu My Hung,too!

lirelou wrote:

Seems for anything Spanish, the Spanish Cultural Attache at the Embassy or Consulate (HCM?) would be a good place to start. Even if they didn't have one now, it might give them ideas for future cultural events. Good flamenco is hard to find outside of Spain.

Saludos Lidia. En mi juventud salvaje tuve la suerte de andar por algunos senderos espanoles. Algun dia, hare el peregrinaje a Santiago de Compostela. Sueno hacerlo con mi hijo (cuyo segundo apellido es Torrens) y nieto. Buenas suerte con tu baile con sevillanas.

Tango or Flamenco, not sure what the difference is. Lirelou, you are a wealth of information. Which would you recommend? For the tango, maybe the Argentine Embassy/Consulate could help.

Flamenco is like Yoga. It's something you do for yourself. You may have a partner at dance contests, but you are both really dancing by yourselves. It developed among the gypsies of Spain and is only called 'flamenco' (as in Flemish) because Carlos V had been born and raised in the Spanish Netherlands and didn't even start leaning Castillian until they offered him the crown. It was his favorite form of dance in the 1500s. Modern flamenco is seduction by body posture with lots of clackety heel-work and accompanying castanets. Not unlike Irish dance, except you can move the body above the knees (;-)).

Tango is likewise highly stylized, but is a dance with hands and upper body to pelvis and knee contact demanding interaction between male and female partners. It grew up in 19th Century Buenos Aires, lasted well into the 20th, and became so popular you can even find old Vietnamese tango records, though the dancing styles were likely more conservative.

Given a choice between the two, I'd take tango. Uruguayans also danced the tango. (Well, everybody danced it, but Uruguay also gave rise to the tango.)

thks everybody for the infos