How fast is internet in jakarta?

Hi guys,

How fast is the fastest internet in jakarta (I'm talking about broadband), and how much does it cost every month?

Can you provide me with the link of the service provider?

i have to say its sucks if you want to downloading or uploading data, unless you want to pay more, say like mine, i have to pay 33$ per month for 768kbps wih upload just 128kbps, but lately i heard there's one provider with cheaper price but fast speed up to 3mbps dunno for sure but i will try to find out that information and will tell you as soon as i got that infomation.

have a nice day

Speedy is around 400,000 rupiah and it is fairly reliable and FastMedia is roughly the same price although it is not as quick and has a lot of down time. Saying that this is my experience from living in the west of the city. In my office we used Telkom and it is a dedicated line and is can be faster! though sometimes not by much. I can download movies and upload photos from there in quite good time.
Closer to the city I understand it is faster, however I have all been told the internet is quicker outside of the city.

Regards

Try SMART HEBAT by Indosat as the provider.  The first buy will cost you around RP900,000 (Nine Hundred Thousand Rupiah).  But the first 3 months is free for unlimited use.  You only need to buy the pulsa once a month RP 30,000 (Tiga Puluh Ribu Rupiah) for extending the card.  After three months then you can choose which package you prefer.  For instance for platinum package you only pay RP 140,000 (Hundred Forty Thousand Rupiah) for unlimited use.  Many people said for local Jakarta Smart is the best.  But if you want outside Jakarta then just go with Telkomsel.

Myself, in South Jakarta using SMART and don't have problem with the speed.

Good luck...

indonesia internet sucks!

Good evening everyone:
I have tried many different ISP's, both cable and telephone (like Speedy-NOT). The concept of customer service remains a millions miles away here, and currently I am trying yet again to find a "reliable" ISP. Indovision, NetZap, Speedy-NOT are basically licensed thieves who charge for speed that is never ever seen. I am sick and tired of paying for a Porsche but getting a bajaj. People are recommending Indosat's Smart service - can anyone give me some up-to-date experiences please ? I live in an CBD apartment block so wireless signal strength is an issue .... Any help or other recommendations (except move to Singapore ! thanks !!) much appreciated.

deleted it cuz outdated : )

All of the above +

There are local suppliers in most towns (Jakarta area) that supply via small aerials.
Mine runs at max 4mbps up and down but usually around 2mbps.
The downside is reliability issues.
Not much on the net so you have to wander about a bit to find them.

Update from my previous message.
I did a deal with CBN. Now +7 months experience with their DirectNet service.
I have a small box bolted to my apartment balcony, and then a single cable to a tiny modem, then to router etc.
Installation was simple.
Service is good: modem (or power supply) failed once and was rapidly replaced, no questions.
Costs me about 400,000 rupiah a month all in.
Speeds etc: never measured but it works fine for me.
At last I found a service that actually deserves the name. This is way way way better than anything that Speedy-NOT or LastMedia or any of the other licensed thieves offer.

Big Dibs to CBN
======================

What about this provider? 

3g-net.net/english/max.php

Any opinion?

Alex09 wrote:

What about this provider? 

3g-net.net/english/max.php

Any opinion?

I'll assume it works every time you turn it on for the purpose of this post but I don't know.

Rp600,000 is expensive but 14mbps is the fastest I've seen as long as it's not a lie or a speed that's only available when no one except you is using it.

Im not using it, I still searching for a reliable and enought fast provider.
U tried CBN? What is the most reliable option in this provider?

Aby opnion about fastnet?

South jakarta.