Moving to KL next Month - Need advice on area,rentals,connectivity

Hi Guys,

Just joined the forum. Have read most of the posts here, very informative and helpful gr8 work guys really appreciate it.

I will be moving to KL next month for my job assignment for almost a year. This would be my first time in KL.
I have a few doubts and queries specific to my requirements, would really appreciate to receive response on my few queries.

I am single women hoping to stay alone in a 1bhk fully furnished flat within main city.Looking for least travel time with most public transport connectivity
Would like info on the following queries
--What are the best areas to look for a safe accommodation? (My work location would be Bukit Jalil - Tech Park or Kawasan Institusi, 43000 Bandar Baru Bangi/Sg.Merab, Selangor)
--What is the rentals ranging from for a 1bhk fully furnished flat?
--What is the best way to search..I mean via Online ads? or Ask people there after reaching or contact agents??? Is 1 week on an average enough time to get an suitable accommodation as I would be given 1 week accommodation from my company
--Is it more easy to get a sharing accommodation?
--Any info/advices about Hostel accommodation there?
--Any recommendations for any specific Apartments???

Thankz

Do you have to work at both places or will you have a static office?  Tech Park is a bus away from LRT Bukit Jalil, but Kawasan Institusi is less easily accessible.

http://www.iproperty.com.my/ is a good site to look what type of accommodation is available and the price.

www.ibilik.my is for finding flat share

I suggest you take up the offer of corporate support for a hotel when you get there as it can take a day or two to get started with an agent and once you have found a place, it takes a few days to get the rental contract made and you will pay 3 and 1/2 months rent to gain access to the flat i.e. 2 and 1/2 months rent as a deposit and 1 months rent in advance.

You do not pay a finders fee to the agent, the landlord pays that.

Be careful how you word your rent agreement and have a clause that says you can break the contract with no penalty.  The reason being is that if you sign for a year but leave after 6 months or want to move, you by law have contracted to pay 1 years rent and you are financially liable for that payment, even if you dont live there anymore......  Its the local laws about contracts.

[moderated: no free ad on the forum. Pls use the business directory or the housing section.]

@Gravitas-Thanks for your quick response and info.
I would mostly (90%) be working out of Kawasan Institusi only, however my company has informed me that there wud be company provided shuttle service operating from KL main City and they have advised me to look for accommodation in main city.

I need Pointers/suggestions on the areas which i should consider, as when I browsed thru the accommodation websites all comes down to selection of area. So could anyone suggest me few best areas ???

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

Did your company tell you from where in the city the shuttle bus will leave?  That would be helpful to know.  If you intend to live in the City, then I have a good friend who is extremely good at finding the best solutions - she is a professional real estate person and her clients are always happy. In fact we all socialize together so they are definitely OK with what she does!!

If you could find out where the shuttle leaves from, then that will help to pinpoint in which areas would be feasible to live.

@Gravitas - Thanks a lot for your help really appreciate it. Ya I just got to know from my company about the shuttle service points(I just posted a new topic about choosing an area), well the areas are

Pasar Seni (near Little India-Brickfileds)
Bukit Jalil,
Ampang Park

So what would you suggest?

Thanking you in advance

Hey, I dont know whether you are already here or not. Might be a late reply, I would suggest you to find a place in Bukit Jalil since your office would be there and on top of that you will be getting a free shuttle from there.

The area is good, there is lot of foreigners over there. If you prefer to stay with the Indian community, well you can choose brickfields but the only thing is you wont feel like you are working abroad (might be good or might not be good).

Shekar

[moderated: please post in the housing section]