Best Place to Watch Football (soccer) Matches?

Hi All,

I moved to Bahrain a couple months ago. Love it so far, but I'm finding it difficult to find a good place to watch football matches!

I've been to JJ's and Warbler, both being terrible. At least in JJ's there was sound! Zero atmosphere in either place though.

So, I turn to you! Where's the best place to watch some good football with football minded people?

You may try sports bars of the hotels.

As you know, "best place" depends on your expectations. As for me champs (previously best western hotels bar in jufair) is a good place for watching matches, or you may try K hotels sports bar also. Both are in jufair.

The expat clubs are normally a good bet!  Not sure where you live but the Brit Club if you are Juffair way or the Dilmun or Rugby Club for Saar

Thanks ihsanozbakir, I'll have to check those out.

scottrace, I live in Juffair, so the British Club is far closer. Do you have to be a member to watch football there?

Yes, I know this is a very subjective question. Personally, it's all about atmosphere. I'd rather be surrounded by people screaming at a TV than being in an empty, posh place.

TheDhanjeeMan wrote:

Thanks ihsanozbakir, I'll have to check those out.

scottrace, I live in Juffair, so the British Club is far closer. Do you have to be a member to watch football there?

Yes, I know this is a very subjective question. Personally, it's all about atmosphere. I'd rather be surrounded by people screaming at a TV than being in an empty, posh place.

Am sure you will get people screaming at the tv in the Brit Club!!!

You either need to be a member of the Brit Club or one of the reciprocal clubs (Dilmun, Rugby or Yacht) or have someone sign you in.

If you are going to watch football regularly and want a cheaper pint (not in one of those empty posh places) it is probably well worth joining.

I agree with ihsanozbakir that the best place depends on what you look for.

I can add
- Sherlock at Gulf Hotel: they show ALL matches on TV, even on request! Yesterday I watched Verona-AC Milan on a "private" TV Screen while the rest of the pub was watching Aston Villa-Liverpool...

- Benningans or Ric's Kountry Kitchen? Anyone knows if they show football on TV?

Depends also if you are a smoker or not.

Brit club - stinks of cigs

Sherlock - stinks of cigs

Rugby club has options

Dilmun - none smoking

Hello everybody,

I just arrive from Belgium and i like too much watching football games with a lot of people around me  with a strongh atmosphere. I read about expat club but im here as student so i dont have 200bd to spend to be member of a club maybe someone know good bars in juffair to watch football games where you dont have to pay to watch a football game?

thank you in advance

Jonathan

On this topic I reed about sherlock bar and K hotel... I will go there this evening for Arsenal-Manchester if you have others proposition i listen

thankss

Hi Jonathan10.

Most hotels in Juffair have sports bars and show all key matches. Just walk into any hotel and ask where the sports bar is. You need to buy a drink to be there obviously :)

Nobody has mentioned the Movenpick Hotel.
If you are willing to go $$$ for BD 24+ the selections are huge from 12:30pm to 4pm.
Unlimited drinks, 50% off children, face painting for children, and live music.

If you want to try a traditional Bahraini breakfast while shopping for fresh produce, the Bahraini Farmer's Market is a good choice. Closed now with the start of summer, but will be back in November or December that runs every Saturday from 8am - 12pm. It is held at Budaiya Garden opposite the Budaiya post office and before the Budaiya police station. Big park for local farmers selling fresh produce while vendors also sell their food. Activities for children as well.

The Brit Club is doing a special Pro Rata membership just to cover the football - it's a very good deal, the beer is cheap, the atmosphere good (although the sports bar is smoking) and the food is good. Go along and see. Take 2 photo's, passport and CPR.

if you are manchester united fan, you could join us for official screenings...

you can also watch matches at cafe amsterdam ( near gulf hotel )

I've been going to Ric's in Juffair or Kicks in Hotel Diva, also Juffair. Both are smokey, Kicks is more professional and more screens, and they have a happy hour until 7 which makes the beer cheap