Would like to learn Vietnamese....

Hey

Just arrived in HCMC and I need to learn some Vietnamese.....and maybe I can help with English!?!

Can anybody help me?

It would be great to hang out, have some coffee, and learn a new language. I live in District 2 but I'm happy to travel into any district.

Also, can anybody recommend a structured language course?

Thanks,
Rob

Hi Rob,
Nice to meet you.
If you want to learn Vietnamese for communication, I can help you^^
I'm in Tan Binh.

Structured language courses-

Vietnamese Language Studies (formerly Vietnamese Language School) has small group classes of 3-6 people (cost comes out to around $6 an hour), they offer a free trial lesson about 3 times per month and have a location in D1 and D7 Phu My Hung. You can google them if you want...

Vietnam National University HCMC University of Social Sciences and Humanities offers classes of 5-12 people and the fees come out to a little over $3 an hour (the level 1 book and CD costs around 300,000 dong and is a great book for beginners). Classes at all levels starting every two weeks. I'll post a link to their schedule page because it's kind of hard to find by googling.

Just scroll down a bit until you see Schedule: Upcoming Vietnamese courses Daytime/evening...

Chúc may mắn!

http://www.vns.edu.vn/vns/index.php?opt … =5&lang=en

Hi, I'm Phương, 23 years old girl. I'm Vietnamese teacher, I have taught Vietnamese for foreiners for a long time. So I can help you very useful and a lot of fun. I want to improve my english. So we can help each other. I live at distric 4 near by Ben Thanh market. If you are interesting, feel free to contact me or email [email protected] or call me 01673726313. Thanks

:) Well come you in Vietnam, if you want to learn Vietnamese, you sent me a message through this blog, as Y!M nick, Skype...

Hi, Rob
Let me know if you want to hang out for coffee and get some Vietnamese words.

Cheer.

Bergindubai wrote:

Hey

Just arrived in HCMC and I need to learn some Vietnamese.....and maybe I can help with English!?!

Can anybody help me?

It would be great to hang out, have some coffee, and learn a new language. I live in District 2 but I'm happy to travel into any district.

Also, can anybody recommend a structured language course?

Thanks,
Rob

You should join in a class in University of socciality & Science,

you will meet alot of vietnamese students who are studing languagues there and they could assist you enthusiacticaly,

if you have time, we can go out for coffee, im also in distric 2
a native vietnamese (the nothern tongue)

hi Rob, we can make friends, and hang out :p contact me for more plane to sight seeing and enjoy local food, language, history, litetura, and many more interesting in small tropical land.
* your picture avatar look like landscape machu pichu right?*

contact with me via email: [email protected]

Hi,
My house is near to you and I wanna improve my English. We can exchange language. If you feel interested, contact me (my gmail: [email protected]) ^^

That's great I can teach you English and you can teach me vietnamies  my zalo is ***

Moderated by Priscilla 4 years ago
Reason : do not post your personal contact details on the forum

@Linku :

Kindly note that this thread is very old ( 2013)
If you would like to teach english, i invite you to post an advert in the Language classes in Ho Chi Minh City section.

Thanks,

Priscilla
Expat.com team  :cheers: