Clinic at Simmelweis University

has anyone been to the clinic at Simmelweis University.
Can you recommend the services there.

Hi Batya,

Welcome to Expat-Blog :)

I have created a new thread as from your post on the Budapest Forum for better visibility :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

I am currently using the dental clinic at Simmelweis University.
The resident/ students I have had contact with all speak English, are helpful and do a good job.
The deal is however I fractured my tooth almost 10 months ago and am still trying to get it all fixed up with a crown. It is pretty much slow going at this clinic.
The students do take their time to do everything by the book, that's nice but having to wait 4 to 6 weeks between visits is really getting old. Going in next Monday to hopefully, finally have a stint put in and an impression for my crown. Had oral surgery over 3 months ago at the clinic plus tons of visits for a root channel.
Great care but so slow.
You have to go in and have them look you over to see if your case is interesting enough for the students to take it or not.
If they want to do you and it is something new they can learn from they will do it for allot cheaper then a private clinic without the fear of them rushing you along for profit.
Not sure how much this will cost me out of pocket when it is finished with, they don't really tell you what the end cost will be. You should have a ball park amount in your mind so best to go online and see what the standard costs are in Hungary for whatever you need done.

I forgot my appointment last Friday for the dentist at the dental clinic. Went in yesterday to try and book another date. My dentist there was so cool, going in this Friday.
I wish the national health care doctors were as cool as the student doctors are.