Is doing a medical risky/private in Bahrain?

Hey all,

Some colleagues and I will be doing a medical in Bahrain in the near future, in order to get a Saudi visa.

Our worry is that some of the group potentially have substances that are illegal in bahrain in our system but legal elsewhere (codeine, but also cannabis - only small amounts).

I've been told that they do not test for this. But I was wondering if anyone had anyone advice? Is this risky?

Worst case scenario, if something comes back positive, is the doctor going to let you leave quietly or is he obliged to bring in the law?

Thanks in advance

Not sure about the procedure for substances, but one thing I do know for sure is that medical professionals in Bahrain are indeed obliged to report infectious disease. Perhaps they have similar protocols to follow for substances too.

The pre-employment medical that takes place in Bahrain is not including any blood/urine tests hence you are safe from that point, however if the medical that you need to take  requires blood/urine tests (which is not a common practise) then your best bet is to try to detox your self prior to the test (the substances you mention will not be shown if they were taken about a month before the test ansd in small quantities).