Alien Consulting - Nha Trang - any feedback?

Hi All
My husband and i are considering moving to Nha Trang for a year or so. While we were there recently, we found this company, Alien consulting, who offers services like visas, accommodation and any other relocation services like banking, insurance etc.

Has anyone used them, or have any information on them? Are they useful, or is there another similar company that anyone could reccommend?

We are going to come over on a 1 year visa, that they have briefly explained to us how to get.

thanks guys
Sheila

The Grabers wrote:

Hi All
My husband and i are considering moving to Nha Trang for a year or so. While we were there recently, we found this company, Alien consulting, who offers services like visas, accommodation and any other relocation services like banking, insurance etc.

Has anyone used them, or have any information on them? Are they useful, or is there another similar company that anyone could reccommend?

We are going to come over on a 1 year visa, that they have briefly explained to us how to get.

thanks guys
Sheila

Hi Sheila

"who offers services like visas, accommodation and any other relocation services like banking, insurance etc."

- No, there is no such offer. That is about advise, how to. The advise itself is free, services related, you order, you have to pay. In short, in NT ain't any free lunches.

Yes, Alien Consulting is THE choice in NT for expats, you will find others is well. There are many expats who are using them. Me to. You get, what you pay for, not less, as they are looking for long time customers and they will be your partner, if ever anything needs a fix.

They have the connections and know how, will communicate with you in English, file and prepare forms and paperworks for you, do the office runs and queuing .., arrange house/apartment viewings ...., give you a lift there and pay the tea moneys and help you with many bits and peaces around. But not for free. They are a business, not a charity.

Alien Consulting is a team of former Lawyer staffs, who keept the promises of a owner, who toke the clients moneys and run away, without caring about customers and they are now almost 2 years already running "alone".

Hi there.
Thanks for that info. We are not looking for free services;  just checking that we have chosen the right one.

Have heard bad stories about people getting ripped off and losing lots of money.  These guys sound good.

Hi Sheila,

I bet you a beer, you won't regret it.

We were pretty sure they sounded good when we went in, just before we left last week (seems like forever already). And a beer huh? Think I  can afford that one :0)

Just waiting on the school to confirm they have places now, then will contact them to get the ball rolling. Hoping to be back in January.

Thanks for advise...

What grade(s) was you asking for?
There are not that many students at the school.
When did promise to get back? I may remind them -:)

Hi The Grabers,

I hope you enjoy living in Nha Trang.

In reference to Alien Consulting, I can't recommend them highly enough. They have completed a lot of paperwork for me over the last year:

I have a small design company in Nha Trang and they took care of the whole process of setting up the company for me. From start to finish they were very professional and clear in their dealings/costs etc.

I now the owner of my own business fully legal and have a 3 year residency card for Vietnam, so no border runs or changing visa prices etc. They also do my accounting every month so i don't have to get bogged down in the Vietnamese tax and accounting system and can concentrate on doing business.

Just yesterday, they took me to do my driving test to get a Vietnamese motorbike license. My foreign license only allowed me to drive a car, so they took care of everything, and personally arranged the paperwork, and even brought me to the testing station (on a Sunday i might add), to translate for me and make sure i could pass the test. Now I have a Vietnamese motorbike license valid for life.

They are always on hand to answer any business questions that I have, and go the extra mile for their customers. At the moment, I am moving to a new apartment and they have taken me to see available places and do the negotiations with prospective landlords and will draw up the contract when I decide which place to rent.

All in all, they are excellent and eliminate all the hassle and confusion of getting paperwork in Vietnam..

Welcome to Nha Trang :)

We have decided to go with these guys to help us with visas etc.
We will get them to help find us a home once we are there also, and set up banking etc. I love the fact they are a one-stop shop from what I understand.

They seem good, and the feedback we have had is great. The only frustrating thing for us now is the time they take to reply to emails. I understand they are busy, and we must be patient, but it harder for us to organise everything from Australia.

We will be there January all going well.

When you come here, you will find that things don't move as quickly or as efficiently as in the West :) it's one of the biggest elements of the culture shock you will encounter. It happens in every aspect of life here and foreigners often become very frustrated with how long things can take to get done..

Over time, you just learn to roll with it as we can't change it.. I don't deal with Alien Consulting by email at all so i can't really comment on the time it takes them to reply, but in personal interactions they are very fast. It also pays to remember that while they are a one-stop shop for many things such as legal papers, visas, company formation, licenses, etc; there are other elements which are not really their forte, such as finding schools or employment opportunities for people. The same with apartments and housing, they can certainly point you in the right direction and help you to negotiate with landlords etc, but in Vietnam, this process is almost always done face to face,which may be why you're not getting the responses you need...

There are plenty of nice expats here that can help too. I've been here 4 years and have gone through a lot of the stuff you are about to, so if you need any specific information, feel free to PM me and i will help as best I can..

Take Care

Quick responses to emails from Vietnamese companies are nearly non-existense, and often they never respond !

we have noticed that.... can be frustrating, but we will learn to live with it..lol.

We have chatted to the girls at Alien Consulting, and it is all sorted now. We have booked our flights, and arrive 12th Jan. Housing etc will be sorted once we arrive. A hotel will be home for a little while I guess....