How to marry a Chinese man ?

Hello everyone,

My fiance is Chinese and i am Dutch. We are gonna get married in December but does someone know what kind of official papers i need ? We are planned to live in China but if we want to visit my family in The Netherlands what is the best way to apply for a visa ? Is that still necessary ?

All tips are welcome.

You could come to China and Marry him here. If acquiring a visa to gain entry into China is problem for you then your fiance could write a letter of inviotation indicating the purpose of your visit is marriage. A visitors visa will be issued to you at this point.

Before you arrive in China you will need to provide proof from your govnement that you are currently NOT married. This document will be required when you get married in China.

Even as your spouse, your husband will have to gain entry into your country the usual way. When he applies for his visa to gain entry he can show proof of marriage and a letter of invitation by you or your parents will also be helpful.

But there may be other restrictions in place by the Chinese government. Such as a deposit of 50,000 rmb held in escrow by the travel agency. He may require other proofs of his "return" to China, such as property, automobile, etc.

I'm sure there are other issues I've overlooked or simply don't know about.

Your Chinese husband will definitely be required a Dutch visa to enter The Netherlands. You will aso be required a spouse visa to stay in China.
Chinese wedding is quite colorful and requires few documents to prepare. Your husband's family can help you both accomplish that matter. It is probably your Chinese spouse visa that will require lots of paperwork and authentication.

LZMD wrote:

Hello everyone,

My fiance is Chinese and i am Dutch. We are gonna get married in December but does someone know what kind of official papers i need ? We are planned to live in China but if we want to visit my family in The Netherlands what is the best way to apply for a visa ? Is that still necessary ?

All tips are welcome.

Before marry. Your fiance can invite you to china with L visa but this maximum is 3 months but the invitation letter just write something related to Marry and they might extend for you. After married it will be more easier to apply the living visa. Due on your husband is Chinese.

I hope you are your propose boyfriend has met before? if not try to meet him and his family before you go too far, dont be decieve by the boy sweet month, family play a vital role in marriage in Chinese family,the family must first accept you before you can think of marriage if not,my dear you are building a house on a sea.
meet the guy and his family and enjoy together before you think about marriage.

Agreed...

Kayode wrote:

I hope you are your propose boyfriend has met before? if not try to meet him and his family before you go too far, dont be decieve by the boy sweet month, family play a vital role in marriage in Chinese family,the family must first accept you before you can think of marriage if not,my dear you are building a house on a sea.
meet the guy and his family and enjoy together before you think about marriage.

Kayode know well the chinese tranditional :D

She's not marrying the family. she is going to marry her boyfriend.

Viking, how many of you chinese can make decision on your own? a 30years old chinese is still a boy, living under his father roof. and take all intruction from his or her parent, without making any decision on his own.

Kayode wrote:

Viking, how many of you chinese can make decision on your own? a 30years old chinese is still a boy, living under his father roof. and take all intruction from his or her parent, without making any decision on his own.

Like in any culture it varies from individual to individual and from family to family.

It is what it is...

K

Kris N wrote:
Kayode wrote:

Like in any culture it varies from individual to individual and from family to family.

It is what it is...

K

I believe Kayode is mentioned on majority. Doesn't mean all the family in China is like that.

demm, am in china right now, and I have more than 20 foreign friends, and many chinese friends too, its easier for chinese girl to choose whom they want to marry than boy, even there is big discrimination amoung chinese themself, mostly when it come to marriage issue, I have many chinese friends boys and girls who have loose there boy/girl frinds bcos there family dont like them. thats reality