Pls help me cut down my grocery shopping bill

smurfette wrote:

Right on, Alliecat!  Hey, I'm still raising my eyebrows to la-boom asking the OP if she's Mormon just because she has 5 children, but he then goes on to blast you with an accusation of stereotyping. Yep.

Good point!  I forgot that, basically, his comment (or should I say 'judgement'?) about the OP started this whole brouhaha!

Ok, so I went to Danube yesterday and I know it's more expensive as people have stated. But, I did manage to walk out with my bill being 727 and that was with diapers, wipes, and baby cereals, some cleaning supplies etc.  So my actual food bill wasn't bad. I took some of the advice here plus I really paid attention to the brand of everything I bought, eg instead of JIF or American Garden Peanut Butter I got a local brand and it was about half the cost. I did the same with cooking oil etc. The kids didn't complain about the taste. I got a giant box of cookies (biscuits) for practically nothing compared with other plain cookies. It also helped that it was prayer time and people had left and so I could think lol.

@myyams We go to three different groceries to get the best prices. Some shops have lower prices on produce than others. I don't know about Jeddah, but some shops in Riyadh, even if they are chains, have lower prices depending on their physical location.

... a few off topic posts have been moderated here ...

Xenolol wrote:

@myyams We go to three different groceries to get the best prices. Some shops have lower prices on produce than others. I don't know about Jeddah, but some shops in Riyadh, even if they are chains, have lower prices depending on their physical location.

Xenolol, what's your assessment of produce prices at Euromarche?

Alliecat wrote:
Xenolol wrote:

Xenolol, what's your assessment of produce prices at Euromarche?

I d'ont think they have Euromarche in Jeddah.

Oops..didn't realize Xenolol was in Jeddah!

So, TLL, what is *your* assessment of produce prices at Euromarche? :lol:

Lower than Danube, Tamimi and Carrefour but higher than Hyper-panda.

Get frozen, bagged varieties of certain veggies.  They're often cheaper and just as nutritious.