Moving to Durban, Needs information about the salary

Hi All

One Indian company has offered me the job prospects in Durban with annual income of 4lakhs 30thousands ZAR.

I am planning to move with my wife.

Please let me know about the cost of living and saving with the current salary.

Mainly intrested  in how much portion of the salary will be cut as TAX + HOUSING+ CAR from my current salary.

Any reply will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Prabhat

Good day, wow that's a really good salary for South Africa, after tax(25%) you will take home R 22 500-00, Accommodation will vary in price and area , on average is between R 3500-00 to R 8 000-00, and this will depend on the area of your choice, you could finance a medium vehicle with insurance around R 4500-00.

Always try and find accommodation as close as possible to your place of work, this will cut down on the travelling expenses and will save you thousands of Rands every month

All the best

Regards

Emmanuel Padayachee
RSA, KZN/Eshowe

Hi

Thanks for replying soon. You gave me very good idea. Just one thing more if you can answer that what the average salary for IT professional having 7+ Years of exp in Durban.

Just want to check if i am underpaid or overpaid ;).

Thanks
Prabhat

I, in the same field as you but in fibre optics, 17 years experience , salary R20k, your salary is an excellent salary for Durban, please make sure you get a written contract from the company that employing you, regards

Durban is not an expensive city at all. Education, groceries, recreation, transportation costs are low. Housing, food, health cover, clothing are average. Phone, internet costs are higher than average.