New to PP/ Cambodia -

Just arrived in PP to help set up a new design college here - previously have been living in Australia (Melbourne/ Darwin), originally from Germany.

We are expecting the usual delays and then some - nothing out of the order for here, but still leaving me a bit stranded for some purposeful work - very interested in meeting people for the odd cuppa/ drink, to swap books (no public English library here! That is scary for me as I read A LOT...suggestions?) and hopefully getting more involved soon. Started yoga and exploring the place on my push bike.
Back in Oz did some volunteer work around wildlife and the RSPCA - any tips for here? I read about those bears and have to find out more...any shelters around PP? Maybe an idiotic question considering PEOPLE need so much help here, too....

Anybody out there involved with the design industry - however small or in the stages of beginnings....?

Hope to get some replies - have a god day in dusty Phnom Penh!
Marlene

hi marlene - i am not much of an artist but am looking for new friends to travel with during my 6 week stay in pp.  do you have any trips planned for the upcoming weekends?

look forward to hearing from you.  Shirley

Hi Shirley,
thanks for your email.

Haven't planned anything yet but was thinking about a day trip to some village where they do a lot with silk - as I am hoping to find good fabrics and the like.

Also, want to get to the coast for a weekend or so - we can meet for a drink soon to work out whether we get along!

Talk soon,
Marlene
077 599 890

hi, good to hear there might be more creative/art/design colleges coming soon. I am working here at the moment as a design teacher. As I also just came here to PP, would like to meet some more people for  a drink, chat or some short trips to the countryside. Drop me a line.

Cheers,

Annette

Hi Annette,

thanks for your email.
There is a rather nice cafe called the "Living Room" in Street 306
(Number 9, close to Norodom) - we could meet for a drink soon and see how we get along as potential travel partners!
Marlene
077 599 890

let me know how it goes, I'm looking to relocate to Cambodia or Philippines. I visited Cambodia last year and worked with some church's, schools and health clinics in around PP.

I'm an I. T. consultant, network adminstration, PC repair, data recovery, virus removal, PC building to spec, etc.

Always looking to see how people's experiences moving to Cambodia is, for what to prepare myself for, though i think i am leaning to PI, just because of the language barrier for me in Cambodia, and the better employment opportutnities, though I really have a love for Cambodia and the Cambodian people.

Hi ANNETTE & MARLENE,

Can you please give me a picture of the design scene in PP at the moment? I'm from Italy and probably movin' to PP soon for fashion etc
Would like to have more info.

Thank you for your help
Ciao
Shannon