Fil-Am looking into a restobar business

Hello everyone. Im looking into opening a restobat business. iv'e done a few research and have friends that own businesses in the phillipines. They advice me that the restobar is a good venture but only succesful in business district areas with lots of foot traffic. they said that the happy hour trend has caught on with the filipinos for a couple of years now. well i was thinking of opening just a small but not that small of a restaurant/bar. its not going to be a full dine in restaurant but more like a happy hour bar with light food service. like

margarita mondays
taco tuesdays
pizza wednesdays
taco thursdays
boiling crab/crawfish/shrimp

1 pool table
1 jukebox

and monopoly and chest tournaments with drink ticket prices for happy hour drink specials.

how much overhead am i looking at? anyone whos in the hospitality or retsaurant business?

i hav 1 4 Sale or Rent!!

Bang
only one thing to say position position position
Pete

blueoakey wrote:

Bang
only one thing to say position position position
Pete

so location is what you recommend is key. WHat location or atleast a demographic concept of where you would open one if you had the budget

R u willing to accept my offer im a singer I can help u out

I know one of the larger sports bars in Makati pays P240k in rent a month. That space would be too big for your purposes, but thats an indication.  In Manila, the best spots would be Makati, Fort Bonifacio and Ortigas. Fort B has a lot of call centers/BPO so would get a lot of happy hour types.

dhnindc wrote:

I know one of the larger sports bars in Makati pays P240k in rent a month. That space would be too big for your purposes, but thats an indication.  In Manila, the best spots would be Makati, Fort Bonifacio and Ortigas. Fort B has a lot of call centers/BPO so would get a lot of happy hour types.

yes that is exactly my target. the white collar workers. yet i do want to make sure the business has an appeal for a hang out spot kinda like a dive bar yet theres a bit of light food service. anyways seems like everyone knows alot about whats hot and whats not. and where it's at. maybe i should take a trip and really just see for myself

Okay. change of plan as it seems the restobar might be a bit over my budget. so now im planning to rent a 4 bedroom home in manila and fill it with other expats. we all share rent as to save some expenses. then maybe convert the downstairs into a small office for my internet solutions company. basically im going to look for app developers for android and apple. also hire graphic designers and marketers. basically offer our services for building websites and creating apps for small companies like doctors office and stuuf. watcha think?

Bang_bang wrote:

Okay. change of plan as it seems the restobar might be a bit over my budget. so now im planning to rent a 4 bedroom home in manila and fill it with other expats. we all share rent as to save some expenses. then maybe convert the downstairs into a small office for my internet solutions company. basically im going to look for app developers for android and apple. also hire graphic designers and marketers. basically offer our services for building websites and creating apps for small companies like doctors office and stuuf. watcha think?

whoa!! just like Mark Zuckerberg and think like Steve Jobs, its a simple dream and yet need a lot of patience, goodluck !!! you can have my support but I'm good as interior designer :D ..

Bang_bang wrote:

Seems you are to indecisive!! Come to this country and check it out...You will find opening any type of business is not an easy task and you must meet the local laws and criteria..Once you do open and become very successful don't be at all surprised you don't get squeezed because of your success....

Good day bang!

I am not sure if you still have plans in putting up a business here in the Philippines. I and my partners recently had a deal for a venture partnership for restobar business in Cebu City. We are now on business planning and financing stage.

Kindly reach out to me at [email protected]

That's the good idea...gogogo.

I am determined that this will work. ;)