Living in HCMC Vietnam

My name is Mieke Ankersmid.
I came here on the first of July with my husband Marcel because of his projects (sustainable design for TUDelft) in Vietnam. We are from the Netherlands and live near Nijmegen. We will stay in Vietnam for about a year. We found a nice apartment to live in Thao Dien: Rose Apt.
I gave up my private practice as a coach/trainer/therapist (mostly about dealing with loss and stress) . With some Dutch clients I keep contact by mail or Skype. I would love to work with clients here too.

We have two sons who are grown-up and stayed in the Netherlands, but they will surely come to visit us. We will host some friends and family who will come over. Vietnam speaks to their imagination.
We both like it here. Made trips to Danang, Mekong Delta and Vung Tau. And I attended a cooking class, with a visit to the market first, at Hua Toc; I learned a lot and enjoyed it very much.

welcome Mieke, there is much to see and do, I am coming back September 23 and staying in HCMc just doing short trips in the area,it is a place to really love, hope you all enjoy

Welcome to VN

It's pleasure to heard that you are enjoying here in Saigon! Good luck!:D
Prem Charma

Great introduction!  Welcome to Saigon.

Thanks Mark, nice to hear from you.
Mieke

welcome! I'm definitely going to need some stress therapy. I'll be back in Vietnam this January.

I like the Nguyen Van Huong road. Barely any vehicles and very quiet. Just don't eat the pudding from the street vendor at the point before you make a left on Nguyen Van Huong walking westward. If you keep walking there's a nice cafe (can't miss it) that charges 60k for an iced coffee lol.

Oh and beware of bike thieves. My cousin just had her newly bought motorbike stolen last week when she went into An Phu supermarket.

Welcome HCM, Vietnam.

Enjoy life here!