US Passport photos in Ho Chi Minh City

Can anybody suggest a place for getting proper US passport photos done? I need to get my 5 month old's done so we can get the certificate of birth abroad done next month.

Don here's a list of shops off the Consulates website:

http://hochiminh.usconsulate.gov/passports/photos3.html

Pham Ngu Lao and Hem 28 Bui Vien.  It's the laundry on the corner; they do photos , too.

VungTauDon wrote:

I need to get my 5 month old's done so we can get the certificate of birth abroad done next month.

Don, don't want to go off-topic, but your baby is 5 months old, and you're just now doing that? I have a 3 week-old, and I'm stressing out about not having it done yet.

I use a shop in Phu My Hung to get my photos made, but there are also many on Nguyen Hue street in district 1 that can do it.

Why the stress? The only rush is trying to get it done in time to file your taxes. My son was 6 or 7 months when we got his done.

vungtaudon
my friend use her own camera to take pic for her 2 months daughter at home and just need to bring the camera to any shop to develop it as a passport size photo.what you need is just a camera,white blanket as a background and someone to cheer your baby up.lay him down and take picture.it is much easy than bring him to shop.with 6-7 months,kid can't seat properly and it will be hard to take picture straight face

Hi,
Besides some shops in Nguyen Hue street, you can take photo for US passport at 114 Bis Nam Ky Khoi Nghia, Dist 1 (coner Le Thanh Ton and Nam Ky Khoi Nghia street), I took photo for passport there last week, just spent 50k vnd (2.2usd). The quality is good and not expensive :)

VungTauDon wrote:

Can anybody suggest a place for getting proper US passport photos done? I need to get my 5 month old's done so we can get the certificate of birth abroad done next month.

AS i know, come to any photo shop, ask them to take with american standards (what size, what colours),