Besides Teaching English as a Foreign Language.....

Hello everyone,
This is a great community. There are so many of you who are willing to share your experiences and information about Mexico. I, for one, truly appreciate what you have to offer. I am wondering if anyone has any info on working in Mexico. The only job that I know that is often in demand for an American is to Teach English as a Foreign Language. I am interested in taking a sabbatical for my current job before my daughter has to start her education. The idea is to explore Mexico for a couple of years with the idea of retiring there in the future. We can afford to live there without working but I would like to be employ in some capacity to offset the costs we will be incurring. Besides teaching TEFL are there other jobs available to Americans! Can you tell me what these jobs are and how to find them? We are open as to where we live except we are not interested in D.F., Guadalajara and other major cities. But if there folks out there who have had great experiences in places like the D.F. etc. I would love to hear from you. Thanks. Lazaro

u mean like....legally like working with mexican work visa or informal jobs?