Can someone be my guide in Minnesota pls

Hey Guys...I am visiting Wyoming, MN for just 3 days...will have only the evenings free and planing to stay in Radisson. Can someone guide me to what I can see or do in the evenings (other than the Mall of America)...basically looking at Tourist sites or activities...something that gives me memories and pictures to treasure?

Hi samgeets,

I have created a new thread as from your post on the Minnesota Forum for better visibility :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

You might get info from Neil (Zen Spike) on the Ecuador forum, he is in Cuenca, formally from MN.

Wyoming is surrounded by lakes, state parks, wildlife preserves, water parks – unfortunately for you these are mostly daytime areas.  Minneapolis and St. Paul have plenty of things to do at night, but they're a far drive if you're only in for a couple of hours.

Chisago is pretty dead at night, but there's a good Swedish bakery in Lindstrom.

Thanks. I will be staying in town...Radisson Blu Mall of America...will appreciate some sight seeing tips...shopping is not really my thing!

mugtech wrote:

You might get info from Neil (Zen Spike) on the Ecuador forum, he is in Cuenca, formally from MN.

Thanks...sent him a message today...

MOA is nowhere near Wyoming.  It's very close to Minneapolis and that changes everything.  The blue line goes downtown with stops at Lake St., Hennepin, Nicollet, the Metrodome, Target Field and a bunch of other places.  You can also get buses from MOA to pretty much anywhere.  With a Go-To card or day pass you can ride whatever train or bus you want all day.

Thanks a lot. Will check it out...I have work in Wyoming, but then the company arranged for a car to transport me there daily because the local partner suggested it will be better for me to stay in Minneapolis from entertainment point of view...I hope to finish work every day between 5 and 6, so should be able to get back to Hotel between 6 and 7...so will have about 3 to 4 hours free every evening...

Sam,
From your location, you are very close to the Historic Fort Snelling site. It was the first fort on the Mississippi River. It was to guard the fur traders coming down from Canada. Very interesting site. Also, you are close to Fort Snelling State Park. Tell the driver it's right off Old Post Road. It's on the East side of the airport.
You can also ask a taxi to take you to Minnehaha Falls. It's a beautiful location, with one of the premier sea food places in Minneapolis. Called Sea Salt. Very casual, with outdoor dining. Reasonable prices. You should really try to visit that. Only about a mile from my house in Minneapolis. At this time of the year, it's light until almost 9:00/ 9:30. The taxi ride is only about 10 or 15 minutes from your hotel.
Anything else I can help you with, hit me up. Minneapolis is a truly beautiful city, I hope you enjoy.
Safe Travels,
Neil
Ps. thanks for the link Pardner.
PPs. there is a little restaurant on Old Highway 61 in Wyo. that is very good. My Dad used to own the Post Office in Wyo. < he owned the building and leased to the USPS. >

Thanks Neil. Truly grateful for this advise...this is exactly the kind of information I was seeking, and exactly the kind of stuff I like to do in my free time!

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Sam.

Sam,
If you go to the National Park, just follow the main road. There will be signs directing you to the Information center. Very interesting place. There is a dedication to Native Americans that were basically frozen and starved to death in a camp there. All names are listed, and a shrine erected by Natives recently. A sad tale to be sure. You will no doubt notice how many names are of French decent.   
Hope you enjoy your trip.
Regards,
Neil

Hello every one. Thank you so much for the great advise I received. Because of your help, I was able to de-stress a bit and see some really great places every day after work.
Thanks once again.
Regards,
Sam.

Okay Sam,
fill me in, where did you go, and what did you see?
Hope MN. lived up to your expectations!
Neil

Hi Neil. I was able to get to the Minnehaha falls. Liked it a lot and went there two evenings, taking a different walking trail each evening. Really great scenery and very enjoyable walks. And yes, Sea Salt food was very good. Thanks for this great recommendation. Last day I went to the Fort. Unfortunately most areas were closed to visitors due to some renovation/maintenance they were undertaking Only for that one day! But it was still an enjoyable trip to the park. Thanks a lot for helping me get focused, relax and de-stress!

Hey Sam,
I'm glad I could help a bit.
Isn't it a great city! There is so much to do. As I said, you were probably 2 miles from my home in Minneapolis when you were at The Falls. You just follow the creek down to Lake Hiawatha, and I'm on the golf course there. In the Winter, you can go behind the falls, and it's like you are in an ice cave. You can look out between the huge ice cycle that it becomes.
So many of the things I had in that neighborhood is why I came here. Funny how that works out. I guess just a change of scenery.
Hope your project went well, and hope to talk soon.
I'm off to watch the Vikes and Bears, and I'm meeting a new couple, and they are from.... Wisc. Boo Pack!!!
Stay Well,
Neil

Thanks...I will probably need to go back there for two or three days again in November. Is it very cold in Minneapolis then?

Sam,
It can be pretty frigid in Minnesota in November. You may experience below zero temps.
Back to Wyoming? You shouldn't experience any problems  with snow on 35 W as it's a major Inter State.
By the way, what is in Wyo. that you service? There is not much there.
Stay Well,
Neil

This is what we need.  People are always looking for suggestions of what to do when they go somewhere, but very few ever come back and tell us what they did.

Thank you. I visited there for First Stage inspection of a Fire Fighting truck we have ordered from Rosebauer America. The truck will be ready for delivery in first week of November, so I will need to go back for the final User acceptance checks before it is shipped to Quito. From what they tell me, this final visit should also be three days...is a very hard job as entire inspection and testing needs to be done by actual operation of each component and I need to ensure it meets every word in a 35 page specifications document!

I hate reading specifications. Good luck!

Ahh, I see.
I think it's actually Rosenbauer? That is about the only large manufacturing I know of in that neck of the woods. I had a former employee that went to work there. I wrote him a recommendation, that's why the name stuck with me.
I'm sure all will go smoothly Sam. Do you get to follow it to Quito?
Stay Well,
Neil

LOL...more like it gets to follow me! Two 4 hour flights for me = 45 day ship passage followed by an undefined time for customs and road shipment to Quito...and then will start work of the REAL problem...transportation from Quito to the project site in the oriente...you see the vehicle weighs about 35 Tons empty and many of the road bridges on this route have a limit of 30 Tons! Ahhhh ... we shall cross that bridge when it comes...I do have a half baked plan...wonŽt be easy though!

hey,, how are you, my travel will be in october to usa, but my destination is not definded yet...............