Fifteen thousand NPR job , can i survive in Nepal ?

Can you please tell me if i get a Fifteen thousand NPR job , can i survive in Nepal ? I like to stay in single room with an attached toilet . My food ability is not so luxurious and like to take local transport , I can speak English , France , Nepali and Hindi , Is it a good chance for me ? Please suggest me .
                                                   Thank you
                                                  D chakrabarty

Hi chakrabarty,

A new topic was created from post for better visibility on the Nepal forum.

I suggest you to go through some topic on the Nepal forum, this might be helpful. :)

Regards,

David.

Yes, you can do it. This is an average pay for a man in Nepal. You can get a room with a shared bath outside of KTM for about 2000-2500 and you will need to get a stove and a tank of LP gas. The gas tank is 5500 full of gas. It will cost about 1500 to refill it in a couple months. The stove should cost around 2000. It will cost 15 for a bus ride. They don't have a transfer system so if it's on two bus routes you will have to pay twice.

You would be much better off to find a room mate situation. You can put an ad in the google group here in Nepal: KTMKTM 

It will be tight but you can do it.

MadagascarNow

See , i want to do a job in Nepal , Now a Days it become little bit tough for me . Where i have sent my application those are management colleges and Institutes . Even i have applied few Travel agencies because I have done a management degree in Tourism and worked for more than four years in International and Domestic tourism industry. I can speak English , French , Hindi , Nepali fluently and little bit German . I can work for NGO or any school . Even i am ready to work  as a Hotel manager or travel manager . Please help me , it taking so long not getting proper information for job and accommodation . Looking for your guidance .
                                                  Thank you
                                                  D chakrabarty

I think you should go to http://www.merojob.com/ Look for a job in your field to see what you can expect to get paid.

Please take a look at my blog, listed here on expat. It will help you a lot.

Hi,

please keep in mind that you are not allowed to work when you are here on a tourist visa. A very basic room in Kathmandu or Pokhara costs 2500 to 3000 Rs a month, such rooms normally do not have an attached bathroom. Houses with such rooms have a common toilet, not western style of course, and in most of the cases no shower and they are not furnished.
If you stay outside of Kathmandu, lets say, in Bhaktapur, you need a daily minimum of 100 Rs for the bus to go to the city, as I do not think you could find a well paid job outside the cities - if at all. You could try to contact language institutes, many are interested to have native speakers as teachers, but they won't pay you 15.000 Rs per month, may be per course, which takes about two months. Some westerners like to share apartments, you could look in the housing section on this website or in ktmktmgoogle.com, but such rooms are normally more expensive.

Yes you can manage everything very easily within that amount of money.

I can see from you profile that you are from India which automatically authorizes you to work unlimited hours in Nepal.

First to find a job which pays you NPR 15000, you have to be living in Kathmandu and have at least mid-range jobs. The average pay for entry-level jobs is around 8000-10000.

OK. Lets get down to cost and expense. With 15000 NPR, yes you can survive in Kathmandu as there are many of my friend who has salary of NPR 10000 and still living in Kathmandu.

Lets break down the cost.

House Rent (4000 - 5000 ) and normally you have to share toilet and bathroom as in Nepal in more of the house they have only one toilet and bathroom per flat.

Transportation will depends on how far you travel for the work (Normally its 10-20 NPR so in month your total should be around maximum 1000)

Food, it depends on the cuisine you would prefer. If you intend to eat normal Nepalese or Indian cuisine, I reckon 3000 should be enough per month.

All other expense like Electricity, Water etc should come around 1000.

So the total expense now is 7000.

Which means you can live a normal like with around 7000 NPR.

But again I am talking only about the basics and the place you live or dine because there are places in Kathmandu which are heavenly costly and a plate of rice can cost up to 2000 NPR.

yes you can survive easily