Looking for an American International School in Shenzhen ?

I'm new to this blog... but in Shenzhen for some time. If you need a wonderful international school for your kids ages 3 and up. Look me up!

I can also help with housing, shopping, hotel, golfing, women's groups, sight seeing, how to obtain a Chinese drivers permit, banking, etc.

I've driven all over Shenzhen, so I have a pretty good idea of just about every corner of the city and I also have experience with public transportation.

Originally from NY State, USA then 25 yrs in Quebec [ Oui je parle Francais... surtout Joual de Montreal ], Canada and now in China, Guangdong, Shenzhen for 3 yrs.

Nice to be on board....:P

Please give me school info. for Shenzhen!  We are aticipating a move there within a few months, and have not even begun to sort out details.  We have two, maybe three school age girls that are equally comfortable with English or Portuguese.

What are the school fees like? Are there lots of expat kids?

Hi Melis82,

School fees will fluctuate depending on the child's age and from school to school.

Basically the older the child the more expensive it gets and the better the education the higher the fees are too. In which case the variables are too numerous to give even ballpark figures. The best thing to do is call the schools and do your homework. I bet you've already done that and are finding it expensive!

SZ doesn't have a huge expat community and expat children numbers will vary from school to school.

Be aware, most "interational" schools in SZ are actually bilingual schools.

Kris

Awesome!  Another New Yorker here too!  I almost moved to Quebec (and still wish to do so in the future) so I'd love to pick your brain about this and life in China.  I just arrived a month ago!

PM me. I'd be happy to let you pick em all u want lol

haha, I work for an "International" school. very little English here!

whatta ya mean??? not even in da classrooms????

This is the reason why I started this topic... so many expats arrive in SZ not knowing the truth behind the veil of advertising. All international schools are in place to make money and educate. Some only to make money...

Buyer beware lol!