Kenya So Far

Hello All,

I have just joined this blog recently and I so far i have found it pretty good.

This is my 20th month living in Kenya and the experience so far has been good.

Since I live alone and probably more inclined towards adventures so i have traveled quite a few places on my own here. I spent the first 14 months in Nairobi and then after for the last 6 months I am in Mombasa. Personally i feel better in Mombasa primarily due to less traffic and also to the fact that I have lived all my life in coastal cities so I missed the feel of coast and the breeze when I was in Nairobi.

Apar from Nairobi and Mombasa so far I have traveled to Nakuru, Naivasha, Machakos, Masai Mara, 14 falls, Diani, Hells Gate National Park, Malindi and a few other places in North Coast.

While Nairobi was tough on me in terms of weather and traffic, Mombasa has been challenging for me in terms of socializing. The people usually i meet in Mombasa are often tourist and are only island for a couple of weeks (max). This has to do with my work place as well as i work near port and live near town rather than to the other side of bridge in Nyali where expats live in Mombasa.

I do plan to post some travel blogs here, along with some useful tips while being in Kenya to spend less and enjoy more.

Any one who likes to join me on my adventures is more than welcome. The latest example was last friday when i crossed the south coast ferry at 4am driving all alone. Lol

regards
Ahsan Zawar

...hmm interesting...