UAE DRIVING LICENSE CAN BE CONVERTED IN BAHRAIN WITHOUT TEST

What if we move back to UAE ?? What is the procedure to get it back ??

The license will show as impounded in your RTA account.  To get it back, provided it's valid, you will need to physically go to the Deira branch with a valid UAE residence permit & Emirates ID as well as a copy of the license.

Dear do u know if we deposit our uae license and after some time we go back to uae can we get again uae license

Read my post above.  I have already replied to a similar question just before your post.  Show some courtesy and don't keep asking same question again and again.  Call RTA if you don't want to listen and ask them.

Recently I have tried to change my UAE Driving License in Bahrain,  but the person in reception asked me to bring either a confirmation letter from UAE Driving License authority or a confirmation letter from UAE Embassy in Bahrain. No Idea when they start this rule.

nomis124 wrote:

recently i also  changed my uae driving licence to bahrain.
at that time thhey told me that  ,  i can get my uae driving licence back when i  go  back to uae. is it true?

is they ask you for the letter from uae embassy or letter from UAE Driving License authority??

Very well explained. I'm planning to move as well. The dilemma I have in case someone fails the eye test what could be the result. The sight cannot be corrected with lens as its a lazy eye (one eye). Please can anyone advise.

If replace My u.a.e license in Bahrain . After some years i came back u.a.e how to i get my u.a.e license can i easy take license or again i give driving test.... please reply...

You have to apply for a new license.

T&R

But I have a license copy if i give there. Then i take my same license or not...

As far as i know you need to apply for a new one, you can request someone in Dubai to call the traffic directorate and confirm the same.

How can I change my driving Licence (light vehicle )from UAE to Bahrain and how to apply in online portal.. Which option selecting the online portal. Required documents

Hi All,

I have a UAE driving license which has expired in 2020, I couldn't renew it since I lost my job during the covid period. Now I have got a job in Bahrain and just got my cpr. Is it possible to renew or convert to Bahrain license.

Or else can I apply for Bahrain license and skip the usual test procedures and go ahead for the driving test.

Hi All,
I have a UAE driving license which has expired in 2020, I couldn't renew it since I lost my job during the covid period. Now I have got a job in Bahrain and just got my cpr. Is it possible to renew or convert to Bahrain license.
Or else can I apply for Bahrain license and skip the usual test procedures and go ahead for the driving test.
-@hotspiz85

If your license is expired you will have to undergo the driving test. Most probably they will waive off the classes. Contact GDT for a clear picture.

@topinsight01

Much appreciated for the prompt reply.

Do you know which branch i can contact to. As i stay in umm al hassam and new to this place not sure where the areas are other than few places that i know near my vicinity.

I have a driver who can help me for the commute for the time being so if u could tell me the best branch that i can do the test from will be grateful.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … &gl=US

Install this app. Select General Directorate of traffic >>  Driving License Driving School Branch  >> Select Foreign International License Approval or Replace and Evaluate Driving License.

Driving School - https://goo.gl/maps/8qrTHy3JPNhcBcDo8

@topinsight01

Thank you.

I have installed the app earlier. but wasn't sure where to book the appointment.

Now i have a clear picture.

Will do the same and give my feedback here so it can help other's who are in the same situation.

Dear all expat came Bahrain from UAE connvert driving license in Bahrain now transfer back UAE , did he will get back same license or go  new process in UAE

Any of forum member experience or knowledge appreciated

I have answered this many times before on the same thread.

If you surrendered your UAE license, eventually, after a few months, it will be sent back to RTA and marked as "impounded" in your traffic file.   If you go back to the UAE while the license is valid, you will need to go to the RTA branch in Deira with your new residence permit to be able to get it back.  If it has expired, you will, in all probability, need to pass the test again...........maybe with less classes.  That will depend on how long after expiry, you try to get it back.

Dear all expat came Bahrain from UAE connvert driving license in Bahrain now transfer back UAE , did he will get back same license or go new process in UAE
Any of forum member experience or knowledge appreciated
-@myc40

You need to go to the same office where they have submitted the UAE License and got the Bahrain License. Surrender the Bahrain License. Scenario 1- They will give you the original license back. Scenario 2 - They will tell you that the original license has been sent back to UAE, In this case, Get a Letter from the Bahrain Driving License that the Original has been sent back to UAE and start the process once you reach UAE.

For scenario 1, it's your luck.  Some people have managed to get it back even after a few months whereas others couldn't get it back after a week even and we told that it has been sent to RTA.  The best way is to apply for conversion WHEN you already have a valid UAE residence and then you don't have to surrender it.  I surrendered mine because I didn't know but for other family members, we didn't.   

There is no need for a letter as per scenario 2.  RTA does not need any letter and will rely on what is in their system re: your traffic file. 

Three possibilities (all of them assume that the original license has not expired):

1) If the license is not "impounded" in their system and you have a valid UAE residence permit (new one after arrival), you can get a duplicate issued on the spot.   Pay the fees and do the eye test.   

2) If it is "impounded", then the process above as I described i.e. Deira branch 

3) If the license is received and "impounded" after your have gotten the duplicate, follow step 2.  Some people have not had it impounded in this case as the duplicate issuance date supersedes the original license date

In Scenario 2 , the Letter of Official record of License sent back is for safety purposes. In UAE if it is mentioned that the license has not been received.

That is the official process. As the user, you don't need it because your case will always fall within the above 3 options (if license has not expired). Unnecessary hassle to get a letter which won't be used at all by the RTA when you go to get the new license (The old license when received, is physically destroyed and file marked impounded.  You don't get the same license back in ANY situation from RTA). Your choice really.............Never needed this letter in my back and forth between UAE and Bahrain.

The rules change everyday in the gulf so it is better to have some proof from the Driving school that it has been sent back.

Agree with the rule change in the GCC however I am making a different point.

1) RTA never gives you back the old license as they destroy it once it is received.  You will need a new print regardless of any situation

2) If not received, the file either remains as valid. If received or notified, it is impounded

3) In a weird scenario, if the license was never received nor notified to RTA by Traffic Bahrain, you consider it as "lost" and then you follow normal process to get duplicate - which is straightforward and is an instant print without any proof whatsoever needed

So the point is, the letter is not needed in any case especially when to get it, you may have to make more than one visit to Traffic Bh and waste time. 

Keep in mind that UAE (And especially RTA) processes are a lot better and more transparent that Bahrain. So to check in case of any ambiguity, one can call the RTA helpline or message through RTA app.  However, the above process was valid as of 2 weeks ago when my relative went through this exact same thing.

If the lost feature is there for sure for the driving license in UAE. Then it can be duplicated with a valid residence.

Yep, the lost feature is there.  Can be done online even - needs Emirates ID (like Bahrain CPR).

https://www.rta.ae/wps/portal/rta/ae/ho … Id=3704300

Hi Expat Family,

So, after all the runs I finally got the much-awaited driving license on the first go.

I am a proud of owner of UAE and Bahrain Licensee. Seems like I will have to visit all the GCC countries and keep collecting license and try to make a record.

Anyways the rules are simple "You follow the rule".

ANY IDEA IF U.A.E AUTOMATIC DRIVING LICENCE CAN B CONVERT TO BAHRAIN DRIVING LICENSE?

(LIGHT VEHICLE AUTOMATIC)

Yes

@logicalindian  So it means they will give me Bahrain Automatic D/L?

Yes

Change of UAE/GCC license to bahrain license 2023 process download the app mawaied, from that choose the General Directorate of Traffic then main branch > registration hall A> Driving license Exchange> take appointment.

documents required

CPR

1 passport size photo

and driving license

fees Bhd 25

i have expired UAE driving license , can i convert to Bahrain Driving license without test   

Please note i have also expired Qatar , Kuwait , Saudi ..licenses

No. Licenses must be valid.

I have Uae Light vehicle [Automatic] DL

Possible to convert and get Bahrain [Automatic] DL?

Note: its Automatic DL

[Automatic]

It can be converted.

@logicalindian

They wll convert to (Automatic) ?

Bahrain also issue automatic driving licence.

@logicalindian Thanks 🙏