Job Offer in Muscat, Need info !!!

Hello

I have been offered a Job in one of the major companies as an Executive Secretary, I have accepted the offer and I have been informed by the HR that they have applied for my Employment VISA/Work Permit on a priority basis as they need me to start soon. I have the following queries in mind :

1. I have worked in Bahrain for 5 years and the HR says they would apply for my work permit based on my Bahraini Visa, would that ease the entire process of Ministry issuing the work Visa in Oman and how long would it take approx.?

2.The employer has taken my original documents for attestation as a part of the labor clearance, is it safe with them ? My certificates have never been attested as it was never required in Bahrain Visa process as its generally done for technical jobs only and not for Administration jobs, would it be a problem in labor clearance ?

3. I am currently employed in Bahrain , visited Oman for my interview, accepted the offer letter and have come back waiting for the Work visa, would it be ok for me to submit by resignation and travel to my home country waiting for the Work Visa or should I play safe ? (keeping in mind my work exp should everything go fine)

Hope to get an advice on this.

Thanks

Hi kphbahrain,

1. I am not too sure if the experience will help to ease the application but usually it will take about 1 month for the application if nothing goes wrong.

2. Yes, they will need to original to apply for the labor clearance and subsequently apply for the visa if the labor clearance is done.

3. I suggest you check with you employer roughly how long will it take and i think its better you play safe as the government dept here at times will take a longer time to process.

Hope the advice helps.

Thanks a lot for the information Galen. My employer which seems to be a big org. says the Visa will be ready in 15 days. I reckon they do have contacts..Should I belive them ?

well congurts on getting a job. Firstly they don't need your original documents for clearance as I have only gave them my scan documents.
to play safe do not resign from your current job as things take longer here then expected and stay in Bahrain as its much better.

PRESENT EMPLOYMENT     :     Office Assistant + Document Controller
                                                     Haji Hassan Group Ltd, Bahrain.(1st June 2006
                                                            To 31st March 2008)     
                                                     For Runway Resurfacing Project – Bahrain International 
                                                            Airport (JACOBS Ltd, UK)-2 years                               
                                                            Still Continued on Remote Aircraft Apron Project –Bahrain
                                                International Airport (JACOBS Ltd, UK) (2008 April to   
                                                            2013 March)

Hi sureshkumarm,

Please can you give us more details about yourself and how can we be helpful? :)

Regards,

David.