Payroll Dates and Law

I have a friend who allegedly works in Singapore (he was so messed up I gave him another chance). He's on his 2nd month already and he told me he couldn't pay me yet because his boss hasn't returned from a trip in Japan since the last week of July.

For Christ's sake, it's the second week of August already and he maintains his alibi.

Now my questions are as follow:

1. Is there any law in Singapore that requires companies to pay its employees the salaries on a regular basis, such as being on the 15th or the end of the month?

2. Is there any law in Singapore that penalizes erring and delinquent companies for failing to pay their employees their salaries on time - meaning being late? Up to how many days can companies be late in paying salaries?

I would appreciate your honesty and any info related to the aforesaid.

Cheers!

When and how salary is paid is usually stated in the employment contract. What does your friend's contract say?
If the comapny does not pay or not pay in time, he should sue them. If he earns below S$2000/month, he is covered by the Employment Act and can contact MoM for help (they don't help bigger earners!).

Thank you.