I would like to send my car to Egypt

I would like to send my car to Egypt as tripticket via Alexandria port,from London. This is a return jurney either the car will stay there for 3 or 6 months, depends on Egyptian authority and how much will cost for transport and taxes there. This is someone to pick up my car from home in London and I should receive it in Alexandria.  I am going to Egypt at the beginning of September 2013 and will stay there for 2 months. if it is to expensive then I will not be able to so business.  I look forward to hearing from you.

I am sorry although I read number of other people experiences, I still do not know can it be done or not as a triptick and how much will it cost.  I am not leaving the car in Egypt or sell it there, no I am just going to use it while I am there and bring it back to uk. I am british national.

Hi alan54,

Welcome to Expat-Blog :)

I have created a new thread as from your post on the Alexandria Forum for a better interaction :)

Best wishes :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

WHy would you want to bring  a right hand drive car here to drive in EGypt.
The dricing and the roads are difficult and dangerous enough without having to factor in the blind spots that driving on the right with a right hand drive car have.
I would imagine that you will get tourself into a lot of dngerous situations.
Plus for 2 months - you could hire a driver and car for less than it would cost for you to bring your car over. ANd they would have the added advantage of road knowledge.