Questions about residency in Ecuador

I have a couple of questions about becoming a resident in Ecuador. I've heard that you can stay for 90 days when you visit there on your passport, then if you leave for 24 hours, say cross the border to Columbia and return the next day, you can stay for another 90 days. Can you do this indefinately?

If I were a student at university in Ecuador, is there a required grade point average or time limit I must meet in order to stay there or could I just keep enrolling in different classes?

If a spouse were to retire there, does their income qualify the whole family to become residents? What is the required amount of income per person or family?

These are just a few of the many questions I have regarding moving to Ecuador.

Sorry, but you have heard wrong. This used to be the case, but now you are not permitted to stay longer than 90 days unless you have a 6 month permit which you need to get from the Ecuadorian embassy or consulate before you enter the country.

They closed this loophole last year.

Thank you, this is the first time I've heard this. Is there a limit on how many times you are allowed to visit on just your passport? Can you visit more than one time a year or is it you can only visit once, period?

Do you know anything about my other questions?

My understanding is that you are allowed a total of 90 days on just your passport. Presumably this could be three 30day visits in a 12 month period dated from your first visit.

Hopefully someone who has hard info will reply in fuller detail.

I have put an Ecuadorian Helpfull Fact sheet together that can answer many question

I would be most interested in reading your Ecuadorian fact sheet as my husband and I are planning to retire there sometime later this year.  We have our tickets booked to visit in July to check it all out.

I would be interested in the guide as well.  Kathleen Petticord just wants to sell info.

Daleb

I would also like to see this guide, sounds awesome.

If you want the Helpful Fact sheet write
[email protected]

Charles Barrett