Help to move to Sihanoukville

My boyfriend and I are currently teaching in Phnom Penh and are moving soon to Sihanoukville therefore looking for work opportunities. Does anyone  have any suggestions for positions available at local schools? I am an English national and am currently teaching 4-6 year old children and predominantly in phonetics. I also have experience working in an international Montessori school. We would be happy to come down to Sihanoukville should you wish to meet us and/or send on my CV. My boyfriend is also moving and currently manages a guest house / bar / restaurant and will also be looking for work (French/English speaking). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Helen & Laurent

Hello helen2013.

Welcome to Expat.com :)

A new thread has been created on the Sihanoukville Forum for better interaction.

You may send your resume/CV in the Teaching jobs in Sihanoukville section. It might help.

Your boyfriend may also post his resume in the Jobs in Sihanoukville section and specify in which sector he's willing to work in.

Thanks and best of luck.

Karen :)

You could also look into private tutoring, if you can teach English using ESL, or any other method. I've been looking for one for a few months now, and most of the teachers get $75-$100 per month, for a few hours a day, 5 days a week. With a few of these, you could do OK.

For private tutoring, the minimum is usually $10 per hour. You can ask for more depending on your background and experience.

Right now, I have a teacher come to my home 5 days a week, two hours per day, one hour on English, one on Khmei. I pay him $100 per month, averages 40 hrs per month, works out to $2.50 per hour. Easier on me, and her. He seems to know what he is doing, and Chroeb has given me her approval. I will wait for results in 3 months.

[Moderated: pls post an advert in the Classifieds section]