Real speed limits in Belgium

I'm over in Belgium for a month and have driven a lot in the UK and also in Spain. I was wondering about radar speed cameras on the roads. The UK is plagued with them and Spain has little by little increased the number, but for the four days that I have been driving here in Belgium I haven't seen a single one and note that a lot of people (AUDI and BMW drivers) go very quick here. Since I am unsure I stick in the middle of fast groups of cars and find myself at 160KM easily. Also my GPS very rarely warns me of radars and then only mobile ones and not fixed ones.

What's the deal?

Thanks

Well done for admitting publicly that you're breaking the law and even worse a menace on our roads and I hope one day you never cause a crash whilst thinking so selfishly and going 40km/h above the maximum speed limit.

So when you finally receive a ticket for speeding or are arrested, will you blame your GPS or yourself for driving too fast?

tervurener couldnt have said it better!

Your GPS will tell you the speed limit for the roads you are driving on, the speeds you are driving at are far in excess regardless of what other people are driving at.

You are not only risking your life, but everyone around you...

My father in law is a cop, and you will never know where the cameras are...they move the locations. Hope that helps ya speedie. Try slowing down a little

From 50 to 120k/ph
Never mind what anyone else is doing and worry about your own speed...
There are a fair amount of fixed cameras around, you may not have seen them but I've a feeling that more than one has seen you.

Trust me they are plenty of speed camras in Belgium probs not as many as Uk but theres enough.

By driving 40 KM above speed limit, you are inviting trouble my friend. You can lose your license.

And those limits showing in GPS are the standard limits on those specific roads. Authorities change the speed limits based on dynamic conditions (accidents, road works, weather, lane closures, etc). Road signs have the final say :)

I would say, dont follow the crowd, just be in the limit and you are safe, others too :)

There are plenty of cameras in Belgium and all neighboring countries.

Again there ARE fixed cameras and then some pesky ones that the politie like to move locations. So speed at the expense of your pocketbook but how about slowing down for the rest of us, who frankly YOU don't need to be sharing the road with. There is always rally racing or karting for you "need for speed".

spa-francorchamps.be/fr/