Visiting Kuwait (Networking / Investment)

Hello All

I'm planning to visit Kuwait in October to gather some information on investment particularly in the Construction sector and Food/Beverage sector.

I currently live in London and I would like to network with people who have had the experience of investing in these sectors.

It would be great to meet expats and native Kuwaitis :)

Hello how is it going !
I'm construction engineer just moved to an international company in kuwait ! You can contact me when you are here !
But if i'm more interested about start my business in food/beverage industry , kuwait lacks some kind of restaurant and i'm studying the whole case to start by early 2014 !

please send me you tel no and email address in a private message , so we can meet once I land in Kuwait. Regards

Hi,

We have common interest reading through your post.

You are always welcome to Kuwait and let's keep in touch.

I am in London from the 19th of August for a week may be we can meet while I am in London?

Regards

Deen

Good day

Great to hear that people are interested to invest in Kuwait!  However, the business environment in Kuwait is limited to a few players, so it is very difficult for "outsiders" to enter this market, unless if you own an international brand which is not yet represented in the local market.

However, my own observation is that there is a tremendous gap in the market for small scale (or large scale) manufacturing (Dubai is doing very well with this) but the current constraints I would say is the reasonably small local market, so with any opportunity there would be a few risks as well.  My friends in construction (architects) feel that Kuwait is booming (oil and residential) so any challenging market will have lucrative opportunities if you look in the right places.