How long is to release ETC working permit

hi,

good day, just want to ask if how long or days to release for an ETC working permit in Malta as NON-EU nationality, and also with the entry visa...job has been offered in Malta as an accounting assistant..

thanks

Hi galao,

it will probably take 1-2 months when your future employer applies for a work permit for you.

You will have to get the entry visa yourself in the Philipines.

Check out the relevant visa info here:

http://www.foreign.gov.mt/default.aspx?MDIS=523

Cheers
Ricky

galao wrote:

hi,

good day, just want to ask if how long or days to release for an ETC working permit in Malta as NON-EU nationality, and also with the entry visa...job has been offered in Malta as an accounting assistant..

thanks

1. Your proposed employer applies for wotking permit
2. As soon as the employer receives it - you should obtain the letter with the work explanation and copy of the permit. All these docs (and probably something else) you should provide to Maltese embassy (visa centre etc) in your country
3. You receive visa type D that allows you to enter Malta
4. As soon as you arrive Malta, you should obtain health check test and apply for the residence permit

That's all briefly

Hi galao,

I wish you luck.

Job offers in Malta don't count that much until you have the actual work contract signed and even that is not worth much until you know that you have a work permit!

Your employer can sign the contract but ETC will say ...NO !

So wait until 2) by Spiridonov applies ...then things are going your way and you can start planning !

And do not forget ......it is always for one year only! So don't make any long-term plans.

Malta is not that friendly to non -EU's .

Cheers
Ricky

Exactly. It took half year to receive my first working permit, then half year to arrive, receive residence permit for me and the family. And every year it takes a lot of time to renew it.

Nobody cares that you have indefinite contract.

thanks to everyone...

a good insight then, important that working permit will approve and papers will arrive, its good to know working abroad to experience what life is it like living and working in an EU country.

thanks everyone...ive heard some receive 5mons they process dec2012 they receive there papers around april this year, sad to know but cross finger for me.

i don't know much of the attitudes of a Maltese but WIKIpedia usually says they are Christians in there ways..are you Christian guys?

Hi galao,

I'm not that sure what religion has to do the issuing and processing of a work permit.

Malta is just very protective about jobs for Maltese. Due to EU law they cannot do much about EU citizens coming to work in Malta except put up things like language barriers and administrative problems so they concentrate on finding reasons not to give non-EU citizens a work permit. It's as simple as that.

Before they give the work permit your potential job will be offered within the EU through EURES. Only when your future employer can show that he made unsuccessfull attempts to fill the position will a work permit be issued.

Do you have a signed contract ?

Cheers
Ricky

Ok, :D it's just that attitudes in a Christian way, thanks Ricky it's more informative

Submitted all my docs through my employer, one thing I don't have is the sign contract that is why m thinking about how can it be done, cross finger bout it, it's good to know that

Good luck to me :D

Hi galao,

I would think ...no signed contract (signed by both sides)= no job = no work permit application. Have you seen your work contract yet . whether signed or not ?

But maybe ETC take the promise of employment as factual. The work permit is specific to the job offered anyway and cannot be transferred to another job.

Cheers and good luck
Ricky

The contract can be signed later, it's not a problem. The main point is the employment license and the letter from the employer in order to receive the visa.

Of course, if your local Maltese embassy need something else - you have to provide it

as for my employer, contract will be sign later, the importance is to make the process faster, the demand job in malta is in hospitality sector thus for my profession, they attach my papers through the demand sector of job not for the intended job for accountants. hhmmmpp jeeezz competition is tough in the market.

ricky, correctly right that there is these job priority for Maltese national, then to the EU national then thirdly for the NON-EU ahmmmmp if my profession its in exact position accordingly with the ETC requisition it will take more time to prioritize,the process is quite complicated for NON-EU to join in the market. cross finger:D

agreed to Spiridonov. thanks everyone

galao wrote:

there is these job priority for Maltese national, then to the EU national then thirdly for the NON-EU

Exactly. That's why it usually takes 2-3 months to receive ETC

Small tricks are: really demanded profession or some language restrictions (which are rare in EU)

Spiridonov, do you have concerns with the language as maltese and english as dr official language, thus considerably ETC will check it out and they will turn down your permit because of the language? Which is more use to maltese or english?

Hi galao,

Spiridonov meant that a work permit application for you will have higher chances of being issued if there are required skills and/or language skills that Maltese or even EU's don't have.

Accounting usually requires Maltese language skills which you don't have and there are many jobless Maltese accountants.

But an accounting job that requires for example Russian or Spanish native speakers would be difficult to fill with a Maltese worker but easily filled with a jobless Spanish or Russian accountant.

But as I said the work permit is issued specifically for the job described. If your employer gets caught misusing the system that would not be so good for you. He doesn't care as he might get a small fine that's all.

Cheers
Ricky

Thanks ricky, well said :-D I appreciate it a lot

Yes, perfect explanation, thanks ricky :)

Thanks ricky and spiridonov, m hoping I could get that chances, it broadens my perspective to have that permit on my employer behalf

Hi Ricky,

Thank you for your guidance to everyone about malta ETC..and regarding this I need to discuss. .so can I ???

Surajkumar1984 wrote:

Hi Ricky,

Thank you for your guidance to everyone about malta ETC..and regarding this I need to discuss. .so can I ???

You have responded to a post from 2013, you should start a new topic.