Work visa for a spouse?

My husband and I are both American. He is considering transferring to Vietnam for at least one year to work for a HCMC branch of the company he works for. I would be joining him.

I would like to work, as well. Most of my experience is in cashier work, with a few years of graphic design and some advertising work. I have a BA in studio art.

1. Do I have any chance of finding this kind of work, or should I take CELTA and become an English teacher?

2. Is it more difficult for me to get a work visa after I am already in Vietnam on spouse visa? (I.e. should I try to get a job before we arrive?)

Thanks for your help. I am also considering volunteer work if I cannot find a job and/or work visa.

I think you'd struggle to find work in those fields, but you may be lucky.
You will get a temp residency card on the back of his, this should not stop you finding work or getting your own working permit.
I"d get tehe CELTA\TESOL as a backup, with the BA and either of those you should have no worries finding teaching work.

HCMCmaybe wrote:

My husband and I are both American. He is considering transferring to Vietnam for at least one year to work for a HCMC branch of the company he works for. I would be joining him.

I would like to work, as well. Most of my experience is in cashier work, with a few years of graphic design and some advertising work. I have a BA in studio art.

1. Do I have any chance of finding this kind of work, or should I take CELTA and become an English teacher?

2. Is it more difficult for me to get a work visa after I am already in Vietnam on spouse visa? (I.e. should I try to get a job before we arrive?)

Thanks for your help. I am also considering volunteer work if I cannot find a job and/or work visa.

-firstly: both of you should have 3 months visa (Business Visa- no matter single or multiple- single is cheaper),
-Secondly: after arriving in vN, you look for a job (eng lish teacher), your husband may ask his company branch to assist in getting work permit then he can get a 01 year temporary residences card,
-thirdly: Bring your marriage certificate with you to VN, do some other paper work, and you can also be issued 01 temporary residence card ,

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

I presume that your help with a visa will have a charge attached to it, you are on here just to drum up business.

[Moderated: Register yourself in the https://www.expat.com/en/business/asia/ … minh-city/ section.]