Family Visa

Hello all

I would like to know about Family Visa (Wife + 1 child)procedures......My employer is supposed to arrange it, but just for my knowledge and prior preparation I would like to know, what documents and other details are required.

CAN ANYONE HELP !!!

Hello abhisheksaha26 and welcome to the forum,

The documents needed are explained on What are the documents needed for a family visa (Dependents)? page.

I hope this helps.

Thanks a lot for sharing the link.......but the marriage certificate they are talking about needs ro be notarized here at Indian Embassy means..,,,,, do I need to have my marriage certificate in original, I only have a scan copy.

PLS REPLY

They usually ask for the original, but I believe this is treated on a case by case basis. Why don't you go to the relevant authorities in your country to have the marriage certificate reissued?

When I first arrived in Bahrain, I brought along with me a notarized copy of my marriage certificate. As an additional step, I also got this notarized copy authenticated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in my country.

Perhaps this tip may help. Best wishes.

Thanks........But I m already here in Bahrain

Indian embassy might be able to help you. Or ask your wife in India to go to the relevant authorities.

Thanks, shall keep you posted

Yes abhisheksaha. The Indian Embassy is the best bet since you are already here. They are the authorized representatives of your government in Bahrain and can authenticate documents on behalf of your government.

If you do have the original either with you or back home, why dont you use it? Perhaps have it couriered here and then you could do the needful at the Embassy.

There are two ways for you , either get attested copy of your original marriage certificate. there are some agents in Delhi who does it for money , if you need one i can supply a number to you. the second and easiest one is your name on your spouse passport , if that's there then nothing else is required , just pass the passports pages to your employer for processing.

Hi Akhil...

Sigh of relief after hearing from you. However My Name is there on her Passport but Her name is not there in my Passport as my Passport is old (before marriage). Hope it is not a problem.

Hi Abhishek,

No problem at all , if your name is there on your spouse passport  then that's all , marriage certificate is not required. I have done it just 3 months back.

Thanks, shall keep u posted

Family visa process how many days taking

Already responded to you.  Don't keep posting on multiple threads.