Hubby works in KSA, can I live in Bahrain while awaiting my KSA visa?

Hi everyone! I hope someone can help me with some useful information :)

My hubby received a job in KSA and moved there about a month ago. He recently got his iqama AND his multi-entry visa too. Yay :)

Before this, we use to live in the UAE. But when he left his old job, our family (me and our three kids) had to return to Australia where we are originally from.

It was okay at first because the children were on their summer vacation. But now the next school year is about to start in September, and I'm keen to return to the Middle East so that they can begin the next school year without any disruptions (Australian school systems unfortunately go Feb-Dec, not Sept-July).

My question is: is it possible for myself and the children to live in Bahrain while we are await for my husband to finish his probation period and hopefully afterwards get our family visa to move to KSA? At the moment, hubby is on a single bachelor's status.

Is it possible for my children to attend a school in Bahrain (my eldest are in Grades 1 and 3, youngest child is just an infant) without being residents of the country?

Any information regarding a wife and children living in Bahrain while husband works in KSA on bachelor status will be greatly appreciated! Just to confirm, we all have Australian passports.

Thanks!!

Hello there,

Yes, you can live on a visit visa, however the visa is issued for 2 weeks for Australian passports, which means you will have to leave the country and come back every two weeks, or you can extend it for another 2 weeks at NPRA (only once as far as I know). You can do a visa run to Dubai, Doha and other nearby places as the flights will take up to an hour.

Visit www.evisas.gov.bh to apply for a visa or simply fly here and get your visa on arrival.

Good luck

Hi tigorbear,

Welcome to Expat-Blog :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Hi
The problems you will face are...
1. Finding short term accommodation at a reasonable price
2. Getting your kids into school. A lot of schools are full and have waiting lists plus the offices are working reduced hours in the holidays.

Have you considered living in Bahrain?  Most of the families here have the spouse working in
Saudi. Bahrain is much more relaxed and civilised