Looking for vietnamese people speaking french!

Hi everybody!

I'm looking for Vietnamese people who can speak french, the reason is that I want to ask them where did they learn it (university, language center) in order to know where I can eventually apply for for a position as a french teacher here in HCMC! Do you think there's a demand for french teachers? It's pretty rare to meet french-speaking Vietnamese people, especially among the youth.

And also i'd be happy to meet Vietnamese people who speak french!

About me, I am 25, from France, moved to Saigon around one month ago and looking for a job, so if you have any advice, leads, contacts or whatever that you want to share with me, please do!

hope to read from you all soon!

Cheers

Hi emoiii,

Welcome to Expat-Blog :)

Thank you for the few words about yourself ;)

You should maybe post an advert or your resume in the Teaching jobs in Ho Chi Minh City section please :)

Best of luck to you

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

thanks for the advice, I already posted in the job section, not for teaching tho, I am just thinking about a B plan in case I can't find the position I'm actually looking for :)

At the Big C food store in district 3.... in the major appliances section...are two mid 20's Vietnamese men who spoke fluent French.

I just wonder why they wasted all that precious time learning French, when they could have been mastering English...

Well I can speak French but I speak it really bad. I have to learn it in the Netherlands besides German, English and Dutch itself. I can only say basical things.. I don't think that's useful for you

I actually teach English at a French university.....I'll be sure to ask around for you :)

Hello there!
I also just recently moved to Saigon from Amsterdam and im also looking for a good place to learn French! I thought maybe we can learn together?

Let me know if ur up for it!

Ly

johnnywastaken > it may be because they spent a few years studying in France or something like that... anyway learning a foreign language is never a waste of time imho! thanks for the lead about the 2 guys

nilee > merci pour la réponse ;) but as I said in the second post, I'm looking for people who learnt french here in Saigon as im trying to figure out which places here may be looking for french teachers!

darago01 > french university in Saigon?! never heard of! can you give me more information about it? thanks!

ldinh > hi Ly, I'm not looking for a place to learn french, but to eventually teach it! French is my mother tongue so if I can help you in one way or another... let me know!

thanks everybody for the answers, I hope more replies are still to come!

It's called Pole Universitaire Français (or PUF). It's located in Thu Duc district near the national university. I guess it's part of the Toulouse system... They teach business and IT. You can study in English or French. If you're in the English track then you must study French as a foreign language and if you're in the French track, you must study English. That's where me and my husband come in. Since we're quite young, we usually make friends with our students, and we actually have a few French students who may be able to help you (one actually gives private lessons of French) just shoot me a message and we can get in touch and maybe all hang out one day :)

oh, I'd already heard about PUF, I assumed it was only in Hanoi tho! I'll inbox you, thanks for the lead :D

emoiii wrote:

Hi everybody!

I'm looking for Vietnamese people who can speak french, the reason is that I want to ask them where did they learn it (university, language center) in order to know where I can eventually apply for for a position as a french teacher here in HCMC! Do you think there's a demand for french teachers? It's pretty rare to meet french-speaking Vietnamese people, especially among the youth.

And also i'd be happy to meet Vietnamese people who speak french!

About me, I am 25, from France, moved to Saigon around one month ago and looking for a job, so if you have any advice, leads, contacts or whatever that you want to share with me, please do!

hope to read from you all soon!

Cheers

Bonjour,
Enchantee !
Est-ce que vous connaissez '' Institut D'echanges Culturels Avec La France A Ho Chi Minh Ville''? C'est Francais Centre, j'apprends le francais la-bas ! Vous pouvez demander un emploi la-bas

http://www.idecaf.gov.vn/fr/home/

Bonne journee !
JJK