Places to visit in Saarbrücken

Hi,

For the ones living in Saarbrücken, what would you suggest to discover the region?

When you have friends or family visiting you, where do you go with them? What are the must-see places in Saarbrücken, the tourist sites?

How to visit the region in an original way? Any unusual or unknown place to recommend?

What would you suggest for a couple of days of for a week of holidays in Saarbrücken?

Thank you in advance for participating ;)

Julie

Saarland, especially the Saar-Lor-Lux region is famous for hiking, cycling and gourmet. We have a street (Mainzerstrasse in Saarbruecken) which has 3 Michelin Stars in total, just in one street. In total we have about 5 or more Stars in the region.

Saarbruecken is not big compared to frankfurt or other cities. We have 100.000 inhabitants which isnt much for a state's capital.

The thing I like to show my friends and relatives is the Saarbruecker Castle, Ludwigskirche (really pretty church) and if you go out of the city visit Voelklinger Huette (Unesco World Heritage Site), Saarschleife and Saarlouis (Former french city and secret capital of Saarland).

We also like to drive to Luxembourg which is only 1 h and 15 min? away or Trier. Both cities very nice and close to Saarland. Its cheaper to get gas in Lux:)

Well Saarbruecken is not a touristic city. We care more about food, life and family. You can go shopping (Europa Gallery and Bahnhofsstrasse), watch movies at Cinestar and eat eat eat.

I recommend Oishii, Grand Asia (since they have a buffet a la card and ipad ordering system), KimDo(best Sushi and Korean dishes!) or try LeNoi if you wanna try a michelin restaurant.

Wilkomme in Saarbrigge